Any Help/Advice is Much Appreciated on Re-Sale Purchase

I thought the smallest you can buy is 100 points if you are not a DVC member yet?

Last year we purchase a 75 point contract at Boardwalk, our second contract. Called resale office and told them what we wanted and voila, we got it with weeks of our call. :cool1: Our first contract was 200 points (resale) at BLT. Also called resale office and they found that contract for us. I know it was quick, but we were willing to wait for the best fit for us!

I thought the smallest you can buy is 100 points if you are not a DVC member yet?

It seems as if this is a moving target, as last year we had several confirmations that new members were allowed to purchase 50 point contracts. Now it seems that the minimum for new members is 100 or 160 depending on the resort. However, I am not sure if these minimums are simply advertised and not enforced. Over the years there has been a lot of inconsistency between what different salespeople will do, so I'm wondering if you threatened to walk, would your salesperson make a 50 or 75 point contract happen for you as a new buyer.

I find a great source of information for prices and minimum purchase prices can be found here:

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

I thought it was important to mention that you may only transfer points one time (in or out) per UY. Also, the 24 points may only be purchased from MS within the 7 month window. Good luck with your decision!

It seems as if this is a moving target, as last year we had several confirmations that new members were allowed to purchase 50 point contracts. Now it seems that the minimum for new members is 100 or 160 depending on the resort. However, I am not sure if these minimums are simply advertised and not enforced. Over the years there has been a lot of inconsistency between what different salespeople will do, so I'm wondering if you threatened to walk, would your salesperson make a 50 or 75 point contract happen for you as a new buyer.

I find a great source of information for prices and minimum purchase prices can be found here:

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

I remember when we were first looking to buy it was 160 pts and I thought we were special when they let us buy only 100 :rotfl: But this was way back in 2010.

I remember when we were first looking to buy it was 160 pts and I thought we were special when they let us buy only 100 :rotfl: But this was way back in 2010.

Well you still may be special. :) But more likely than not DVD didn't want to let a sale walk out the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter