any good timeshare deals?

lensmo

Earning My Ears
We're going to Disney 1st week of March, and need a 2-bdrm suite. (family of 5) Has anyone gone on any non-torture tours that got them a great rate? Thanks! (P.S. as Canadians, we also seem to be excluded from many... so sometimes that can be a problem)
Len S.

Check Marriott.com and select vacation rentals. Last I saw, they had a special of $157/night for a 2 bdr. at Marriott Cypress Harbour. If you are looking for something even for less, check out ebay. There are also various sites that do timeshare rentals without having to attend a presentation.

Good luck! Hope this has helped!

Sharon

I booked a Westgate Lakes 1 BR last year on Skyauction.com. (NO TOUR!) Also HotelKingdom.com had a good rate for a Westgate in Las Vegas recently, so they might be able to help you with Orlando.

Try the Ron Jon Resort. about 7miles from Disney about 15 to 20 mins. My sister stayed ther last year ahttp://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=rsvd&itty=&itid=&itdx=&from=fnd it was incredible. She said you could opt out to the timeshare stuff. She did admit to doing one because they got tickets to Sea World.

The place is hugh and if you book it through Expedia it is only 736.00 for march3-9 for a 2 bedroom villa.
Go to Expdia click on other options, then condos, then put in you dates and add ron Jon resort in the name.
Good Luck.

ps there are some Canadian deals on site as well using a mousesavers.com code

I have some friends who have some weeks banked at Orbit II, which is supposed to be about 5 minutes from Disney. I don't know if she can arrange anything with such short notice but you might want to talk with them. Send me an email address and I'll forward it on to them. fkj2@netscape. net

I booked an Orange Lake Country Club two bedroom villa through skyauction.com (no tour!) for December 30, 2001-January 6, 2002 for the incredible price of $240.00. It was my first time using skyauction and I would do it again. Having stayed in other timeshares in Orlando, I can tell you that OLCC was very nice and the villa was ideal.

I'd also check out http://www.tsoo.com/timeshare/timeshares/links.html This site was very helpful to me in finding another timeshare for a previous trip (Not as good of a deal as skyauction though...).

Best of Luck!

i have a question about sky auction.....you are bidding on the full 7 days on those auctions right? its not a per day bid is it...so when you won for 240....you actually won a week at the resort for 45.00 plus the 195 ffee.correct....just making sure ..............thanks

Purchased Westgate timeshare right at Disney and have coupon to pass on.3 night 4 day for $129 Value season/ double occupancy additional nights and larger units avalible. This is what the flyer states.WE are very impressed with the place.If interested contact me and I'll pass on the info so you can call.Hope this helps!Have fun in WDW.

also known as TUG, they have rentals/sales, and deals(or people to contact to get a
discounted stay. marriott is supposed to be the lowest pressure, we stay at cypress
harbour and love it... we exchange our timeshare up north for it when we go to dis..
but just get the name of any timeshare, if u contact them, chances are, they'll offer u
a reduced price stay... we've also used this when we want to extend our vacation from 7
to 10 days! good luck!

Hi there! I do this all the time - every year...

Go on www.ebay.com and type in the following searches:

disney +old key west -pin

westgate

summer bay

disney +vacation -pin

If you are not familiar with online auctions or need some tips on more seaches please feel free to email me.

Last year we stayed at Old Key West for $280 in a 1 bedroom suite - that was for 5 nights.

This year we stayed at Westgate Lakes in a 3 bedroom 3 bath villa for $400 for 7 nights. That villa sleeps 12 and we had 9 in the room very comfortably.

Since you are renting from the owners and not the resort you don't have taxes or fees just a straight rate - plus no tours are required although at Westgate they will try to trick you.

sanfran22:

Skyauction stated it was for a one bedroom at OLCC for one week. The check in date varied over three consectutive days. The final bid was $30. That added to the $195 plus their $15 service charged added up to $240. When we got our confirmation, we had a two bedroom. I call skyauction and they said that happens randomly if they have the chance for soemthing bigger. I also asked about the service charge and was told it was standard regardless of the the confirmation coming via e-mail or snail mail.

While at OLCC, we did have one call about taking them up on a tour. We declined.

Good luck!

Okay- I am reading these posts thinking- so is this a time share?? Do you have to take a tour- has anyone come across somewhere that you HAVE to? These sound like super deals- as long as there is no catches. I am so leary when it comes to "good deals" like this. Someone said in a post above that they stayed at Old Key West - I think this was the person that said how to look for this stuff on ebay- that would be great! Maybe with a little more convincing I would be tempted into doing that.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I checked out e-bay for Old Key West, 2 bdrms. going for $700+ for 5 nights, and will likely go quite a bit higher yet as auction progresses.
I found a Canadian at par deal at Marriott Residence Inn that comes to $81.50 per night for a 2-bdrm... doesn't look like I'll be able to beat that on a timeshare for the dates we're going. (March 2-10) Again, my appreciation to all!

WE STAYED AT OLD KEY WEST ON RENTED POINTS FROM A DVC MEMBER . THERE IS NOTHING YOU HAVE TO DO THEY DO NOT TRY AND SELL YOU ANYTHING AND OUR ROOM KEYS EVEN SAID DVC MEMBER SO WE GOT DISCOUNTS ON MINIGOLF AND WERE ABLE TO POOL HOP.. IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO STAY AT OLD KEY WEST I WOULD RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE. I AM LOOKING AGIAN AT RENTING POINTS OR CHECKING EBAY FOR THE BEST DEAL .I HAVE RES AT POLY FOR 1600 FOR 7 NIGHTS . AND OUR LAST TRIP AT OLD KEY WEST FOR 6 NIGHTS IN A 2BDR VILLA I PAID 1000 MUCH MORE ROOM ..

I could not agree more! We LOVED Old Key West and if we could have afforded it this year we would DEFINATELY have gone that route!!!

On site is more expensive but you can get excellent deals on ebay and we did consider renting points from DVC members but thought we would try to wait out another good ebay deal. Since we couldnt find anything big enough this year we went off site. It just didn't feel as magical but something is always better than nothing - right?

Don't you just love the DVC card??? You can charge everything to your room and they treat you like royalty on Disney property!! I swear they practically CARRIED us in the park gates! Olivias Cafe also has the Pooh character breakfast. Also if you do stay at Old Key West they have a ferry into downtown Disney and the boat driver is sooo nice.

Good luck finding the good deals!

One more tip for ebay. Bid high and always at the end of the auction. The last 30 seconds are best.

:) Kerry

No Pooh character breakfast anymore.

If you stay at OKW, please try to follow the rules.

Remember, if you stay on points, you don't get daily housekeeping. It's a home away from home. You have to hang up your towels, clean up the kitchen and make your bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter