Any Flying Fish reviews?

EpcotMatt

DIS Veteran
My DW was a saint & granted me my Xmas wish by booking a week-long January vacation. We're still on the fence about getting the DDP. We may just get it for a few days of our trip{since due to lack of availability, we technically had to make 3 separate bookings}. But if we do get the DDP, we want to make ADRs for one signature dinner. We love Yachtsman, Artist Point, & Narcoossee's{especially with the $50+ lobster entrees available}. But we're tinkering with the idea of trying out the Flying Fish, which we've never eaten at before. We both enjoy seafood & have read some decent reviews of FF. So what are your opinions on FF? We'd love to hear some reviews on it. Thanks.:goodvibes

We did have a lovely meal at Flying fish in early December. We both really enjoyed the whole experience - the restaurant, meal and service. We are not seafood lovers, so didn't choose anything too out of the ordinary for us.

My husband had the cauliflower soup with blue cheese crumbs and garlic croutons which he pronounced 'beautiful'. I went for the frissee salad with candied wallnuts, cranberries, blue cheese etc and it was a lovely starter and huge!

For entrees John chose the salmon on root vegetables - just lovely, and I enjoyed their speciality dish the potato wrapped red snapper on creamed leeks. I had never eated red snapper and this was just gorgeous, the potato being a crispy coating to the creamy mild fish. I would certainly choose this again.

We were both full to bursting but we were on the dining plan!!! John chose the warm chocolate valhrona cake with white chocolate ice cream which was wonderful, but he couldn't quite finish it. I went for the white chocolate mousse with macadamia nuts, strawberries and cream!:love: It was just amazing. I couldn't finish it though!!! Unheard of - they had beaten me!! I wish I could finish it now!!

Sorry I can't help with more seafood options, but I am sure they would all be great.

I wouldn't say it is a quiet restaurant but we were in a small 'marquee' area at the back which seemed very peaceful.

I had the Potato Crusted Red Snapper there recently and it was excellent. It was my favorite meal along with the Lamb Shank at Jiko of our trip.

I've heard from several people that the potato snapper dish is excellent. Hmmmmm. I hadn't planned on getting that if eat there. But I may have to put it among the finalists.

We were there a few weeks ago and adored it! I had the chilled main lobster to start and DH had this Tuna Tataki. Both were excellent. For dinner we both had the dayboat scallops on butternut squash risotto that was so wonderful that I emailed to get the recipe. For dessert I got the valrhona chocolate cake which I shared with DD and DH got the apple almond tart. Again the desserts were excellent.

During our trip we went to FF, Artist point, Jiko and CA Grill. Jiko is still our fave but FF knocked CG out of second place.

The room is lovely, the service was outstanding. My kids were able to have mixed berries instead of salad as an appetizer. We loved it and can't wait to go back!

We tried the Flying Fish for the first time this past September. It was a fantastic meal! We are planning on eating there again in August.

It sounds like something that we'll have to try. The red snapper sounds delicious and I love chocolate cake.

I love the Flying Fish. I was there in May and had excellent food and service. I enjoyed the snapper for my entree.

We eat there every trip we go 4 times a year we just got back we ate there twice on the 21st and the 22nd. If you like steak they have a great char crusted steak thats very good i think its the best of any steak i had at DW. If you go ask for BOB for your server hes the best:stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch:

The potato wrapped snapper wasn't on my list either, but Joey our waiter sold me on it and it was EXCELLENT! We eat a lot of seafood, but I'm telling you this was one of the best fish entrees I've ever had!!!YUMMMMM!!!!:thumbsup2

DH and I had dinner there in mid December and we loved it. We are also fans of Narcoossee's for the surf and turf, and well, you can't beat the view for Wishes. But we were delighted with Flying Fish. We both had the potato wrapped snapper and it was wonderful. I didn't really care for the leek fondue, but DH enjoyed his. We also had the white chocolate mousse and we both thought it was the best dessert we had all week. As another poster stated, it was not a quiet restaurant, but the food was worthy of a repeat trip and it is on my husband's dining request list for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter