• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

any experince with nasty people

Itsjen516

Earning My Ears
from pictures i seen no one really seems snobby at all lol everyone looks so sweet :D wich i love

but with my luck ill be scared to get stuck with a tottal snob ill wanna :headache: avoid :p

so ya any of you had a bad experice with some stuck up girls lol

I was sort of wondering the same question.

I had a hellacious time freshman year with snobby/stuck up girls and was thinking/hoping that people interested in working for Disney will be nice.

I didn't live in the housing, so I can't say much about that. But I do work in an all female role and I can tell you there will be some people you don't like. It's like any other job. Some people seem to forget it's Disney.

The College Program is just like any other job/college living experience. I will admit that it was much easier for me to meet people and make friends on the CP than during college, since most people there share a common interest (Disney) and are all there to meet new people. There will be people you absolutely love and get along with wonderfully. But there will also be people you don't get along well with and can't stand. It's really all up to you to make the most of it and keep a positive attitude.

I have a roomate who is very stuck up and snobby....of course she just happens to be sharing a bedroom with me. She came down here to party and thinks the whole "work" part is a joke. (She routinely works less than 20 hours a week, just enough to make rent with literally a few dollars left over every week.)

She signed up for the program when she was drunk one night and came down to shop and drink (her actual words). So, she's not so into "Disney" as she's into "I'm in Florida for five months and I can do whatever I want!" So don't think that just because someone is working for Disney that they love it and there will automatically be a common bond between you and whoever you encounter.

Dealing with it has it's moments, but for the most part I just pretend she isn't here. The situation with her has gotten quite unlivable at times, but I just plow through those and move on. If things get REALLY bad, there are people you can talk to and see if you can have the offending roomate moved or maybe move out yourself to completely nullify the situation. That is a last resort, but if you end up with someone who's really awful, it's much better to go through all the hassle of that then be stuck miserable for months.

It's easy to think of ways to enact revenge on a roomate, ect, but don't. Not only will it bring you down to their level, you could get into a lot of trouble (including termination) for it. Having someone to vent to helps release a lot of frustration. Talk to your other roomates, maybe they are having the same experiences as you are with the offending roomate. If you find out the roomate is using you for something (I.E. you have a car and they keep asking you for rides, ect) tell them NO. Don't feel obligated to spend time with them. Live your life, and most likely they will be VERY happy to live theirs. Be a good roomate, clean up after yourself, don't give them any reason to get upset.

Your time down here will fly by...don't let a nasty roomie ruin it for you. It's up to you to make your experience down here a good one or a bad one, and it's too much of a life investment to be miserable the whole time you're here.

OH yeah there are nasty people. You identify them, you avoid them and you continue having a blast.

i love my experience but didn't get along w/ my roommates. I hung out across the hall with the guys mostly & I'm still friends w/ most of them to this day. Regardless you will have a blast! ENJOY!

Are you talking about nasty guests or nasty fellow CPs? There are both. Believe me. Not everything is all sweet and happy just because it's Disney. I had roommates on my first CP who were total witches, and trust me, there are awful, awful guests that come in as well.

But just don't let them get to you and you'll be fine. :)

Are you talking about nasty guests or nasty fellow CPs? There are both. Believe me. Not everything is all sweet and happy just because it's Disney. I had roommates on my first CP who were total witches, and trust me, there are awful, awful guests that come in as well.

But just don't let them get to you and you'll be fine. :)

u can pick ur roomates though right ?

You get a lot of people (girls especially that I know) who come down thinking Disney is just a giant party, and they hate going to work, and they always ER, and they try to find people to cover their shifts so they can go out and party.

I hate these people.

But I also have a ton of friends here.

Long story short, these people exist, just laugh at their hedonism and move on.

You get a lot of people (girls especially that I know) who come down thinking Disney is just a giant party, and they hate going to work, and they always ER, and they try to find people to cover their shifts so they can go out and party.

I hate these people.

But I also have a ton of friends here.

Long story short, these people exist, just laugh at their hedonism and move on.

LOL I don't know why but hedonism made me laugh so hard. But yeah I totally agree with this post. You get those people who are all "OMG I LOVE DISNEY!!111!!"
But they really don't, they love cute characters and parties and slacking off but not the whole philosophy of the actual Disney company.
And while I'm not saying you need to be a Disney lover, it's obvious these people care very little about anything outside their own bubble.

There are nasty people in all walks of life, so don't expect it all to be a cake walk. That being said, there are A LOT of amazing people living in the apartment complexes, and the many of them should not be judged with the few who are horrible.

It's all a luck of the draw thing, but if you really feel you need to change apartments you have that option (for a fee of $50).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter