Any experiences with the Marriot Village hotels?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the 3 hotels in Marriot Villlage as an option for a non park stay (visiting Disney resorts and dining, but not parks). How are these hotels? How are the pools?

We stayed at the Courtyard there when we had problems at our Airbnb condo we rented. We stayed 4 nights. Not bad. Parking can be a pain depending on the time of day. In the evening it seemed really full. The room bed and room itself were ok to sleep on. A good medium bed. We only used the pool once and it was later in the evening and they were out of towels. The playground was nice because after the parks when the kids still want to run around you can bring them there. We did go to the 'Connections' food place, food was average. If you aren't really visiting any parks and are spending more time at the hotel I would try to go with some where else. It really just depends on budget and what your family wants/likes to do.

We got a good rate at this Courtyard for October but also have a back up reservation for Universal Endless Summer resort. I'm still deciding which of the two reservations to cancel. Is the parking really a problem at the Courtyard? We always have a rental car and come back late to the hotel and I definitely don't want to deal with a full parking lot.

We have not stayed there, because we read that getting out of the parking lot in the morning is a pain. Over the years, we have stayed at a wide assortment of the other Lake Buena area Marriott properties:
In same price range we very much liked:
Fairfield Inn (South Apopka)- as Fairfield's go, very nice, easy WDW access

TownePlace Suites (Flamingo Crossing) - breakfast was decent, not super, but location is SUPER, quiet area, easy access to WDW- esp MK, only downside is the boring pool (Fairfield has slightly better breakfast)

Other assorted Marriott properties:
Marriott world Center: Like much, nice pool, rooms, parking garage is a bit of a pain, laser show, have to pay for all food

Swan/Dolphin: Love both, be sure to factor parking + resort fee, have to pay for food, but they do have someinexpensive options, easy access to BW/BC/YC/Epcot/HS

Over by Universal, we really liked the
Residence Inn (on Major Blvd) - very close to US, very clean, great suite, 24hour beverages

I stayed at the SpringHill Suites there over the New Year, and while it was incredibly busy, I never found parking to be truly terrible. Was a bit difficult to get to from the airport, but very convenient to get to I-4 or WDW via FL 535

We got a good rate at this Courtyard for October but also have a back up reservation for Universal Endless Summer resort. I'm still deciding which of the two reservations to cancel. Is the parking really a problem at the Courtyard? We always have a rental car and come back late to the hotel and I definitely don't want to deal with a full parking lot.

The concern I read was mostly that it was difficult to exit the parking lots in the morning when trying to get to WDW, but that is just my recollection of reviews I read.

If you want a fun pool: Marriott World Center, Gaylord, Swan/Dolphin, and Caribe Royale all have fun pools. All the Universal hotel pools are super except the Aventura, and obviously we have not yet seen Endless Summer. We very much enjoy Sapphire Falls! It looks like the Endless summer pool maybe has zero depth entry, and poolside activities, but no slide. Guests staying at the US hotels are allowed to pool hop, but I suggest Cabana Bay, Sapphire Falls, or MAYBE Aventura if you want a mid-price hotel with a fun pool. Aventura has great food court, and it is a short walk to Sapphire Falls.

When we were trying to describe the Aventura, the word that kept popping into our head was, "millennial." Devices in the room are controlled by an iPad, and we loved all the VERY 2019 food court custom meal options. Even the prepackaged snacks were very 2019: dried fruit, granola bars, etc., and a variety of 2019-milk options. such as soy milk.

Sapphire Falls has lots of blue and white, is very clean and very relaxing. The pool is fun, and we liked the food options we tried. The quick service place isn't huge, but it has a good variety of good food options. They have yogurt/fruit smoothies, nice looking salads, a good variety of sandwiches/panini, ice cream, a rotation of daily specials, and good coffee.

You also get access to all of Citywalk. Cabana Bay and Endless Summer are mostly served by buses. Aventura has buses. Sapphire and the 3 deluxe hotels are served by frequent shuttle boats and walking paths.

Thanks for the info. We are on a low budget trip this time, so we are trying to save on hotel costs. I got the Courtyard for 68 per night and Endless Summer for 105 per night (prices are excluding taxes). These are both within our budget.

We have stayed at Spring Hill Suites there, it was fine. Getting out of the parking lot wasn't an issue, but getting off the street can take several traffic light changes. However, once you turn, you go... it is convenient to so many things, I would definitely go back. We require a suite or 2br with our gaggle of kids.

FYI, we paid $127/night. Better prices are out there with free parking, but if you collect marriott points, you could potentially cash in a night.

Thanks for the info. We are on a low budget trip this time, so we are trying to save on hotel costs. I got the Courtyard for 68 per night and Endless Summer for 105 per night (prices are excluding taxes). These are both within our budget.

$68 per night, wow! How did you score such a low rate?

$68 per night, wow! How did you score such a low rate?
I was also surprised! It was through the official Marriott website. If I look at the same dates right now the rate is 130 per night, so I guess I just timed it right or it was a glitch on their site (I have the rates on my confirmation so I have proof of the rate).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter