Any experience with Resetting password after account being locked?

CarlyMur09

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience with resetting your Disney account password after the account’s been locked by Disney?

I changed a few things in my profile a few days ago - address, phone number, etc, since I’m in the process of moving. My Disney account is also tied to my DVC ownership, and I updated a reservation Monday night through that.

Then last night, I tried to access my account to purchase MVMCP tickets for our trip in 2 weeks, and couldn’t since it was locked. Checked my email, and sure enough, I have an email explaining that they locked my account and would need to reset my password.

I clicked the link and it took me to a website (register Disney? The link starts with landing.registerdisney.go.com ) that would not load, but the thing just spins and spins. I’ve tried multiple browsers, settings and devices, and even now I still get nothing

Emailed Disney at the provided email, and I’m not expecting to hear back quickly, but was wondering if there was a quicker way to resolve this that I hadn’t thought of. I’m also deaf, so calling in is really a last option for me, since I have to use someone else.

Mods, feel free to move this if needed. I wasn’t sure where to post this.

When I have a Disney page that just spins and won't load, I open the link in a private browsing window... usually takes care of it for me. Maybe give that a try?

This AM I tried to log into my account and it wouldn't let me - it said something had gone wrong and I had to reset my password for unauthorized use (I think what it actually said was something fishy has happened). I then had to enter my email and was immediately emailed a link to reset my password. However, instead of just using the drop down menu to reset my password for my primary account (apparently I have 4? 3 I don't use and didn't know about), I clicked somewhere else. I couldn't go back, the link from the email said expired, and it wouldn't send me another one.

Then I had to call the number they said to call with questions, which was the IT help desk, but the voice phone tree they use bumped me to the regular line because it didn't understand what I was needing, and I ended up waiting in 2 20+ min holds. When I did finally get the IT line they emailed me a new link, stayed on while I reset my password, and then they merged some duplicate friends and family and deleted all of my old original MBs that were still in my account for me and the kids. So it was a productive call, I could have done without the 40 min hold though.

If you didn't get an email link to reset that worked, I would just call.

This AM I tried to log into my account and it wouldn't let me - it said something had gone wrong and I had to reset my password for unauthorized use (I think what it actually said was something fishy has happened). I then had to enter my email and was immediately emailed a link to reset my password. However, instead of just using the drop down menu to reset my password for my primary account (apparently I have 4? 3 I don't use and didn't know about), I clicked somewhere else. I couldn't go back, the link from the email said expired, and it wouldn't send me another one.

Then I had to call the number they said to call with questions, which was the IT help desk, but the voice phone tree they use bumped me to the regular line because it didn't understand what I was needing, and I ended up waiting in 2 20+ min holds. When I did finally get the IT line they emailed me a new link, stayed on while I reset my password, and then they merged some duplicate friends and family and deleted all of my old original MBs that were still in my account for me and the kids. So it was a productive call, I could have done without the 40 min hold though.

If you didn't get an email link to reset that worked, I would just call.
That’s exactly what came up on my thing! I talked to my mother and she’ll help me call them later this afternoon, so hopefully we don’t go through the whole long process of that..

That’s exactly what came up on my thing! I talked to my mother and she’ll help me call them later this afternoon, so hopefully we don’t go through the whole long process of that..
It's all in how long the wait to get someone on the phone is. Plus trying to get through their voice interpretation phone tree :sad2:. There is no such things as a quick call to Disney, which is really annoying. Sometimes I want to pick up the phone, get a person, get an answer to a quick question, and hang up (OK, pretty much all of the time when I have to call). That can't happen, they want you to answer a list of questions before they will even queue you up to get the call answered, and you have to sit there while they read the questions to you. Drives me nuts.

Funny! I had to reset my password this morning. I asked if others were having problems and she didn't seem to think there were problems. It took quite a long time to resolve this issue.

I also got the same message and email that my account was locked and forced to do a new password this morning.

Huh, interesting that this many people are having to do the same thing around the same time...

I just had this happen. I'm assuming no one actually hacked my account and this is more Disney IT magic. Currently on hold and the expected wait time is more than 45 minutes.

I just had this happen. I'm assuming no one actually hacked my account and this is more Disney IT magic. Currently on hold and the expected wait time is more than 45 minutes.
I’m pretty much assuming the same thing, particularly after reading so many people had the same thing at the same time- and having never read about it before.

I would have been able to reset the password easily (I think) had I just followed the email link and done it, but I didn’t really want to have to do not so I tried logging in again from the reset page, and that was that. A 45 min call later it was taken care of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter