Any experience with Norweigan Nick cruises?

andrews_dad

DIS Veteran
My family of 4 can save about $1600 and rec a stateroom credit and room upgrade with a NCL cruise in October on the Breakaway, Getaway, or Epic vs. a Disney Cruise of the same length. We've done 2 Disney cruises (7 days and a 4 day) and wanting to hear from Dizzers the thoughts on a NCL Nick cruise. Pro's, con's, compare vs a Diseny cruise.... etc.

We haven't done NCL yet but are booked in the Breakaway in 2015. But the cabins are SMALL. Much smaller than Disney. The bunk beds may drop down over the queen bed depending what room you are in.

I think it all comes down to personal preference. DCL is a nicer overall experience than NCL. I dont think anyone will deny that. But I dont think DCL is $1600 nicer. We had a great time on the Epic and I would do it again. I will keep on cruising NCL to save $1600. I guaranty you the next poster will disagree with me.

LOVE NCL. Sailed on the EPIC when she was new in 2010 and just sailed on the Getaway last month for the 2 night. While I didn't get to enjoy the outside items on the ship because it was way to cold (sailed out of New York) I am looking forward to trying her again in the future. The only thing I didn't care for with the ship was that it has the whole South Beach flair. Having grown up in Miami in the 70's and 80's, that is the Miami I prefer, not the way it is now. The Breakaway's theme is NYC and I am going to experience that before getting back on the Getaway. And for a $1600 savings I would jump ship so to speak to NCL from DCL any day of the week, heck that could almost pay for another cruise. Just remember soda's are not included with NCL, but they do have a soda package or you can bring your own onboard. NCL does have Pepsi products and Mountain Dew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter