• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any discounts or incentives offered when becoming a DVC member?

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if there are any discounts offered, (say AARP, AAA...etc.) or any deals or incentives if you pay cash up front for your membership....or if you refer others who then sign up.

Thanks,

Deb

I know there is a discount if you work for Disney-15 or 20%-a CM at VB told us it was 20% but I've seen different info on these boards. If you work at the local Disney store, you get a discount.

I don't believe there is AAA or any other discounts.

You'll obviously save the interest if you pay up front.

I don't think Disney deals on the price of points-I saw here on these boards that someone paid a really low amount for pts last year directly from Disney-just ask if they do anything special if you pay cash.

There is the MB program, depending on where you buy.

Can't think of anything else right now.

Are you buying directly from Disney or a resale?

We're planning on buying directly from Disney. I haven't seen or heard of anything offering deals and I was assuming the same thing, that no deals are offered with buying points, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for your help! I'll probably ask the rep when I speak to him, just to be sure.

Deb

The magical beginnings program would kinda be considered a discount-have you checked this out and is it available at the resort you are buying at? (Unless you want your first year's points).

You said you were thinking about paying cash for the entire thing-it seems like a resale would save you a lot of money. There are plenty of reasons people buy directly from Disney, also.

I would definately ask about anything they could offer you-you never know. They tell one person one thing and another person another thing, as we learned. I'm not complaining, just telling you what our experience was.

If you don't mind me asking, what resort are you buying at?

Good luck.

We've kind of decided we wanted to buy at BCV...and the problem is, I haven't seen any resales at that particular resort since it's so new.

We were thinking of going resale also, (if we had decided on another resort) like BWV. I think I like the beachy theme a bit better than the carnival type theme at BWV.

Also, I've heard people say that once you figure in your closing costs on the resale, you're not that much ahead. Is that true?

Oh, I forgot to mention, I am familiar with the Magical Moments discount but I think we liked the idea of getting the "02 points because it would give us a nice little chunk by the time we reserve...enough to get a 2 BR and take my parents along as well.

If you want BCV, you really do not have much choice. As you've already noticed, there are not a lot of resales on the market for BCV. It's too new.

IMHO, since you will be getting 02 points, an appropriate use year, and not paying closing costs, there really isn't a lot of advantage (and maybe not any at all, LOL) to going resale anyway. From other reports, it sounds like Disney is buying back most of the "good deal" resale contracts right now, anyway. And again, you want BCV. How long do you want to wait for the "right" BCV resale to appear??

Good luck - hope to welcome you home very soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter