• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any comments would be appreciated regarding the dolphin

D

Disneyboundagain

I have a friend of mine who is getting anxoius about her reservations at the Dolphin. For the past six years, they have stayed on Disney property and this year due to good rates they decided to stay at The Dolphin. Will she be disappointed? Thanks for any advice or comments.

I have stayed the past 6 years at many of the Disney resorts. I got a deal at the Dolphin last August and took it. We loved it there. I happen to like the architecture and decore there. The location is excellent and the service was great. I had joined Starwoods prefered guest club and put it down on the counter when checking in. I had booked a standard view room which would have been on the front of the hotel with alimited view. I was upgraded to an excellent room with two windows and a large balconey overlooking, Epcot, the Boarwalk and the Swan. But even if we hadn't been upgradded I would have been happy. It doesn't have Mickey wake up calls or references to the characters on the soap or paperwork but it is still a wonderful hotel.

LOVE IT :) :) :) :) :) :)

Stayed at many WDW owned resorts and the Dolphin is at the top of my list, our stay was great! Staying again in December:) Any specific questions, ask away!

The Dolphin has Tubbi's Buffeteria which is opened 24 hours. Similar to a food court but a little more upscale I guess you can say. There are a lot of selections for all meals. We took advantage of the refillable mugs...I used mine 2-3 times a day.

We LOVE the Dolphin!! Just got back last week and are homesick for it already!!!

Tubbi's is great especially the 20% you get off of food with the DC card. You can buy refillable mugs there and then refill with pop and coffee the rest of the trip. :cool:

I would never understand anyone staying at the Dolphin and missing out on any kind of "Disney" feel. Most rooms have incredible views of MGM or Epcot and plus you can walk there and to the Boardwalk as well. We stayed at the Dolphin last year and could'nt beleive the location (for the low teacher rate). We walked to the boardwalk daily and also took advantage of the boat service to MGM and Epcot and hardly had to take the busses. The pool is HUGE and very tropical in atmosphere and the interior of the hotel has a tropical fel as well, which is just our style. We wouldn't want to stay anywhere else exept that I have a goal of trying ALL of the Dis Resorts. We are trying CBR and Poly, but honestly I will miss the Dolphin and especially the location of the resort. It was a vacation I will surely never forget and am sure we will return there in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter