Any collectors?

indianabrit

Mouseketeer
It might be fun to hear about collections! :woohoo:

Do any of you collect any Disney Memorabilia (pins, figurines, movies, vinylmation)?

If so:

What do you collect?

What's your favorite item in your collection?

What made you want to start collecting?

Do you have a favorite trading story/ cool way you've obtained something that made your collection complete?

As for myself.......
I collect pins. My favorite item in my (small, but growing) collection is a Donald Duck cutesy pin. I don't have any stories yet, but I'm totally excited about pin trading when I get to DW.

I'm an avid vinylmation collector :) Been collecting for well over 2 years (been in it since the beginning :thumbsup2)

I can't really pick a favourite, there are so many great ones! Magical Stars from Park 1 is one of my faves though.

I got into it back in May 08 or so I saw the vinylmation pins and at the time I sorta collected Dunnys but were losing interest so when I saw the pins I knew that they'd eventually have actual vinyl figures. Come Nov/Dec of that year I'm at DTD for the very first artist signing and buy a couple. (and a few months later a full case of park 1 at DAK)

The rest is history.....

I also collect pins but no where near as crazy as vinyls. Just the ones I like.

One day I hope to buy more of the artwork (namely the Beauty and the Beast dining room painting)

Do any of you collect any Disney Memorabilia (pins, figurines, movies, vinylmation)? yes!

If so:

What do you collect? Pins!

What's your favorite item in your collection? Hmm...I have way too many to pick a favorite...(I have over 200 pins).

What made you want to start collecting? I started collecting back in 2001, when I took my first trip, so for ten years now! :scared1:

Do you have a favorite trading story/ cool way you've obtained something that made your collection complete? Hmm...I mainly go for the cast-exclusive pins, so I pretty much only trade with cast members. I keep track of pins on pinpics and love trying to complete collections.

I pretty much just started collecting, and I just buy things when I come across them for really good prices. So, my collections are still really small.

What do you collect? Disney Animated Classics (and some of their good live actions), and Disney soundtracks.

What's your favorite item in your collection? For my movies, probably my Alice in Wonderland Masterpiece Edition 2-disc DVD, because it was the first Disney DVD I ever got. I was blown away by the special features. For soundtracks, probably Tarzan.:)

What made you want to start collecting? I joined a fansite and kept reading things about certain scenes in Disney movies and thought, I want to see that. But I didn't have the movie. For soundtracks, I started because I just love soundtracks in general, and Disney movies have some awesome music.

Do you have a favorite trading story/ cool way you've obtained something that made your collection complete? My mom came home from a thrift store with the Lion King Soundtrack, which she had bought for $1.99. That was cool. And I bought Brother Bear at a used book store for a dollar. Same with Monsters, Inc. Those are probably my biggest steals. :cool1:

I collect unique Disney merchandise....like many others, I enjoy collecting things that are very limited, but within a reasonable budget.

My favorite thing in my collection is an "Animated Animation" hanging cell that actually moves & has audio with it as well....The company that created these (Animated Animations) is officially out of business now, but I was able to get the complete collection over about 5 years from the parks before they stopped selling them.....they weren't too expensive & seemed a great bang for the buck when I bought my original one from one of the stores at Pleasure Island in Walt Disney World. My father talked me into my first one.....Peter Pan...it tells a very brief story of the Peter Pan story....it's so precious to me on so many levels.

I grew up at Disney World...it has been the location for many a family vacation after LOONG hard saving back in 1980 for my family.....everything always seemed to be okay once we were on our way to WDW. Likely that is what started my collecting disease.

I recently was able to have dinner at the elusive Club 33 in Disneyland & was able to buy a few items from their store......I was able to take my mother & father out to dinner there (at a VERY high cost by the way)...but it was TOTALLY worth it to see their expressions.

Has anyone else noticed that Disney has slacked off quite a bit on the well-made, but affordable merchandise? Or is it just me?

Thanks for posting...I love hearing about other Disney collections!

I have always collected disney artwork. I remember ordering prints whenever new movies came out. I love my collection, but have been unable to add to it lately :(

I started a pin collection back in October. I only have 5 pins right now but it will keep growing. My favorite one is my Phineas and Ferb pin. :D

This past trip to Disney (or, rather my 1 day trip to the Magic Kingdom this past March...) I started collecting pins and Vinylmations. So at this moment, I only have 1 Vinylmation and 6 pins. I really hope I get to go back to Disney before my tentative CP (Spring 2012) to collect some more:thumbsup2

What do you collect?
Disney Pins!
My Little Mermaid Collection but specifically this pin:
fct_1b23de11deddc43.jpg

I won a Tinkerbell Pin at one of the Disney Stores and fell in love with all the pretty Ariel Pins.
Do you have a favorite trading story/ cool way you've obtained something that made your collection complete?
I have so many fun interactions and memmories but hands down my favorite story is On the Disney Cruise I made friends with 2 other passengers and every night we would pin trade between the 2 of us and the CM who worked the trade cart. On the last night I celebrated my Birthday and one of my friends (who were also our dinner mates) left the table while we were singing Happy Birthday. He came back a while later with a brand new Disney Wonder Pin Bag. It was the best birthday present I had ever received and I'll never forget them. ^^ Thank You Frank, Trevor, and Nana for making my first Disney Cruise the most wonderful time I ever had.

I'm not sure if this counts as a collection but... Each time I go to Disney, I always buy one of their lights that they start selling before the fireworks show. :3

What do you collect?
Disney Pins!
My Little Mermaid Collection but specifically this pin:
fct_1b23de11deddc43.jpg

aw! I love it!! I have a few Ursula pins. I like to collect villains pins and donald duck. I'm a sucker for grumps. :confused3

I'm not sure if this counts as a collection but... Each time I go to Disney, I always buy one of their lights that they start selling before the fireworks show. :3

That TOTALLY counts as collecting. :thumbsup2

What do you collect?
Disney Pins (Figment, Stitch, or anything that interests me...),
Figment statues
Certain Mickey Ear hats.

Disney Pins- my stitch olympic pin. It is LE or anything, but it started the whole collection. Plus, a cast member went out of his way to trade with me so I could get it so it will always be special.
Figments- Hard to say... all the statues are cute (even the one coming out in May)
Mickey Ears- Graduation Hats and my Princess 1/2 Marathon

Been collecting pins for a while, but recently started the ear hats. The figment statues are harder because they only come out every year or so.

My stitch pin- I had seen it on the concierge's lanyard, but it was when I was checking in and so I had yet to get anything to trade him with. I spent a week looking for another one, but I didn't find it anywhere. On the last day at WDW my parents found the concierge and asked if he still had the pin. He did, but it was in his car. When I came down a little while later, he had gone out and gotten the lanyard, but had hid it from me. In the end, I got my stitch pin (which I saw EVERYWHERE the next trip) and that CM really made my trip

I have a pretty large collection of the Hidden Mickey/Duffy Bears... started it about 8 years ago, just found out two in my collection are worth $1000 o_0

Pins huge pin collector pry have a good 500-600 in my pin book love limited edition ones!!!
Also Muppet Vinylmations My bro and i are only missing Kermit for the first set and we have 3 from the second set so hopefully i will finish that before june lol Other then that not really i mean we always get park maps and i do collect fastpasses but i think the FP's are easy to get unless they are retired
I am curious if anyone knows anything else that i can pick up while im down there i am a huge collector of many things so i would love any info, also i have my fastpass collection and i am gonna be putting my muppet vinyl collection up on my blog the link is in my signature!!

What do you collect? Pins!

What's your favorite item in your collection? When I reallllly started collecting pins was during my cp. I only collected pins that had a special meaning to me... so I have pins from where all my friends worked, of course where I worked... and a bunch of cast exclusive pins. My favorite 2 are my Saratoga and Old Key West Pins... since that's where I worked. I haven't looked, but I'm wondering if they have any disney wedding pins since my Fiancee and I (who met on the CP) will have our fairy tale wedding at the wedding pavilion in November :-) :lovestruc

What made you want to start collecting? I just wanted something fairly inexpensive that could help me remember important things to me

While on my CP I got over my fear of splash mountain... it was a HUGE deal to me for whatever reason... I think it's silly looking back on it... and a friend of mine bought me the splash pin to congratulate me :-)

I have a small but growing collection of the Jim Shore Disney Figurines, I love the woodwork look and how super detailed they are and most definitely intend to continue this addiction when I hit Florida.

I also want to start pin collecting, I have quite a few pins but I sort of accidentally happened into all of them and want to make it more of an actual collection.

I collect pins! I've been in it since the beginning, but my collection isn't that big, maybe 300 pins. My favourite pin is a cast commemorative pin from the completion of construction and design on Disneyland Paris. It's gold (like the Jiminy Cricket years of service pins or whatever that certain cast members wear) with the Cheshire Cat on it in maroon. On the back it says "Bravo, les Imagineers! 1991". I have no idea about an edition size or anything since it isn't a trading pin and predates the concept by over ten years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter