Any CHILEHEADS out there? Fiery Hot Foods addicts?

!@#$%

Make the best of everything and stop your whining!
OK, I'll admit; Im addicted to FIERY hot foods. The word "spicy" isnt even in my vocabulary. It it doesnt make your head sweat its not hot! At home 3/4th of what I eat is fiery hot. We grow Habanero plants, and about 12 different kinds of chile plants. We even have hot sauce made for ice cream! (Its delicious actually! Its called Toad Sweat http://cgi.ebay.com/Toad-Sweat-Choc...ryZ14313QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

The problem is, I have yet to find ANY really hot foods in WDW. The closest thing was some of the little bagged snacks in Japan. Has anyone found any? I can go a week without hot foods... but WHY? :teeth:

We are pretty much the same way. We don't even try anymore to find spicy food. We eat mexican before we leave and as soon as we get home!

Disney could at least add Tabasco to the "common condiments" list! :)

The wings at ESPN zone are hot enough for me (although I don't think I am in the same league with you) I like them, they are made with a red hot sauce.

At HOB 2 years ago, the calamari came plated with a spicy chile oil. Somewhere between habanero and serrano hot. Not a super scorcher, but it had a good flavor.

Aside from an actual scotch bonnet 'garnish' on my jambalaya one time, that's as hot as I have found at WDW.
You could always carry an emergency bottle of your favorite with you.

Most of the counter service places have either little packets of pepper sauce or bottles of Tabasco (and at POR and POFQ Louisiana Gold).

I really like the Wasabi Bloody Mary available at the Poly. :) It's got a nice kick to it from the horseradish and Absolut Pepper.

At HOB 2 years ago, the calamari came plated with a spicy chile oil. Somewhere between habanero and serrano hot. Not a super scorcher, but it had a good flavor.

Aside from an actual scotch bonnet 'garnish' on my jambalaya one time, that's as hot as I have found at WDW.
You could always carry an emergency bottle of your favorite with you.

What is HOB and where did you get the jambalaya?

:teeth: I do occasionally carry a little bottle of hot sauce! :teeth:
Theres a small bottle of Tabasco the size of a tootsie roll in every MRE. (Meals Ready to Eat; military food) We save them back for vacations because we always have the larger bottles readily available at home. Tabasco isnt that hot, but its still good!

I hear ya! Dh and I love spicy hot dishes. My favorite dish is a Thai jalapeno beef dish that can really light a fire. We've never found anything even close at WDW.

Can you not bring you hot sauce with you? I like hot foods occasionally but if I liked them as much as yall I would pack some and take it with me..Just a thought..

The answer to both is House of Blues, at Downtown Disney.
We usually eat there at least once every visit.

Does anyone remember the Tabasco Shop on Pleasure Island, now long since closed? They used to sell Tabasco in one gallon flagons, but I couldn't figure out how to ship one home.

The only alternatives are the hot(ish) sauces sold in Epcot's Mexico and the shop at AKL.

Like many people from the UK, I enjoy hot indian/pakistani/bangladeshi food. I will be bringing readymade curry paste with me so that I can enjoy a good vindaloo at least one night at my DVC villa during my next stay.

My wife & I even have an Indian food cookery class booked during Food & Wine though I anticipate the food we cook will be extra mild to suit USA tastes.

Andrew

I enjoy hot indian/pakistani/bangladeshi food.
Oh yeah! I love Indian food! If more people tried it it would really catch on in the US.

You've got me thinking...maybe I could take one of those camping-style salt shakers (you know--the kind that don't spill) full of Thai chili pepper flakes with me...I can make almost anything spicy enough with that. As far as WDW goes...I just posted on another thread that I like the pastalaya at Rainforest Cafe, made extra-spicy.

They make "travel sizes" of Mad Dog hot sauce. That oughta be hot enough for anyone.

http://imsauced.stores.yahoo.net/1madinf.html

http://firegirlpower.com/reviews/hs1188/

* Note: I am in no way affiliated with the above stores. I have ordered from them in the past, though. I have not, and will not, recieve any benefit from the above posted link. :) Also a warning: Mad Dog is not really recommended as a "table sauce" because it's so freaking hot (and I've had it, I know), so use at your own risk. If you've had "Dave's Insanity Sauce", you'll know what you're in for....though Mad Dog has some actual flavor and a bit less heat, IMHO, and doesn't just burn your tastebuds off.

Haha, this is a good thread. My mother is not in the same league as you but she is obsessed with spicy food and sauces.

We always go to Japan for at least one meal and she gets her sushi with massive amounts of wasabi.

We always go to Japan for at least one meal and she gets her sushi with massive amounts of wasabi.

I'll never forget the first time I tried wasabi. My father in law said "now this stuff is HOT! You might want to go easy on it!" Being the "prove me wrong" type I am, I put about a tablespoon of pure wasabi sauce in my mouth. I could literally FEEL it climbing to the top of my head! When it hit the top of my head I felt like it was going to blow the top off my head!!! haha Ive been addicted ever since.

I havent tried Mad Dog yet, but I have some Liquid Stoopid, I think its about equal to Daves Insanity. Its pretty hot.

Count me in as one of the folks who love hot and spicy foods. :thumbsup2

Hot sauce isn't really my preferred method, I like less-processed food, like fresh jalapenos or other peppers in my food. I like complex, hot, spicy food, not food with some hot sauce thrown on it. Simply adding some tabasco to something isn't gonna cut it. (for me)

Dh and I discovered on the last trip that the Tomorrowland Noodle Station had some red chile paste on the condiment bar, so we would stop by and fill up one of the little white cups with it (like the ones you put ketchup in) and then pop over to Adventureland to buy Samosas to dip in it. There are bound to be a few other things you could use it with--dip bites of turkey leg in it, perhaps? The samosas are good though, the curry taste to the filling gives a bit of depth and interest along with the heat of the chile paste.

Go to the House of Blues at DTD - see if they have any Pleasure and Pain Hot Sauce available (I belive it was their house sauce at one time) - its very good and hotter than you think.

I love th hot stuff too - grow the habaneros in my window, it is something I miss at WDW but if you look, and ask, you can usually get by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter