• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any bag suggestions for under seat at Spirit?

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
I am taking a trip in March and would like to get the most out of the under the seat that SPirit offers for "free". It says the dimensions cannot be larger than 16 x 14 x 12. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

We all use Ellen Tracy bags that measure roughly 16x14x10. They are wheeled bags with great storage. I've purchased them from Tuesday Morning and from e-bay sellers. They range in $50-$70 price. They fit with ease into Spirit's "trial box" at the airport. My DH carries a similar bag made by Tommy Bahama.

I am taking a trip in March and would like to get the most out of the under the seat that SPirit offers for "free". It says the dimensions cannot be larger than 16 x 14 x 12. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

DH used a DisneyQuest backpack (the canvas drawstring one), ds used his Adiddas string bag, and I used what looks like a canvas laptop bag with side pockets that I purchased at Big Lots (it actually did fit the measurements). I took everything out of my purse and folded my purse up inside my bag. They didn't measure (we flew out of Atlantic City) but I made sure they were squishable so they would fit if they decided to measure our bags. We had no problems at all.

I have used this bag from LL Bean as a carry on, and it does stow under the seat.

259173_5371_41

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62132?feat=2911-GN2&page=carryall-rolling-underseat-bag

I've also used it a weekend bag when we are traveling very light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter