Any armchair vets? Dog won't put weight on her leg??

Actually they do. We get braided nylon cruciate line in 250 and 500lb strength. Our clinic recently did the extracapsular repair on an English Mastiff. So far so good.

regards

Where were you 2 surgeries and $6k ago?

;)

Back from the vet and yes as everyone suspected it is a ruptured cruciate ligament. Vet said she has an abnormally high pain tolerance since she's not wincing or yelping at all but it is clearly torn. We are able to do the lesser cost surgery and all total should be about $1300 so it's a lot better than I had feared. Fortunately we just refinanced our house and February is our no mortgage payment month. Guess it's going to Katy!

She's having the surgery after we return from our trip. She has some pain meds and anti-inflammatory meds to get her through until then and is on "bedrest". Poor baby!

On a bright note her hips looked fantastic in the X-rays so the vet said since there is no sign of hip displasia or anything by this age she's cleared for that!

Anyone here have pet insurance? I sure wish I did now but I am looking at it more closely. I know this wouldn't be covered but I have found a plan that would cover the other knee as long as it happens over 12 months from now. I have always thought pet insurance would be a waste but it sure would be nice to have now!

Thanks for all your advice today!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter