Any advantage to preferred view room

TenThousandVolts

<font color=darkcoral>I just gave 2 examples for t
I now have a preferred view room- it always seemed like a waste of $ to me. Does anyone think a preferred view is worth the cash?

It really depends. For us, not so much. We don't mind walking a bit to be by the lobby/food area/pool/busses. 5 versus 7 minute walk (or whatever the difference is) doesn't seem warranted usually. However, if that is important to you, then prefered may be the way to go.

For me it depends on the hotel. I travel with my 80 year old mother and if it means she has less to walk, even a little bit less to walk, then it is worth it to me.

Generally we don't bother with the preferred rooms. If that is all that is available then we will get it. But being closer to the main building isn't really a big problem for us right now.

I have never had preferred before but we just switched to POP from ASMo- and only preferred was available. Last time we were in the 50's (not preferred) and it was close to the lobby/food court and we even had a view of the bowling pool and the Lady and Tramp icons.

But once I stayed in the 80's and it seemed so far away from everything. I really didn't like it. There wasn't a 'fun' feeling there (like in 50's, 60's, and 70's) IMO.

My dad is travelling with us and he is not in the best health so I guess it is nice to have a guarantee that his room is in a good location.

(I paid for the upgrade for 5 rooms- just trying to justify the cost)

I'm not sure where you're staying, but the preferred room was worth it for us at CBR last year. I know you can request rooms there that are just over the bridge from Port Royale, but at least with preferred we were guaranteed a room in Martinique or Trinidad North, the two groups of buildings closet to OPR. For us it made a difference because our kids were 4 and 2 and we had lots of walking at the parks ahead of us. I'd say if you aren't planning on using the food court a lot then it probably doesn't really matter that much at the mods since there are several bus stops around each of them.

We've got preferred room ressies because we'll be traveling with my 70+ YO parents and my DH who has back and knee problems. DH is a trooper and will follow the group anywhere in the parks so the least I could do is make it easier for him to walk to get food and a drink.

We're staying at POP :thumbsup2 (we changed from ASMOVIES because of the pool rehab)

Booked a standard room for a stay at POP last month. I'm not sure if a lake view 70s building is a preferred room but that is the room we got. In the future I would probably pay the extra money for this location - it was very quiet, nice view of lake and just a short walk to food court, etc.

Phrank

After reading this thread, I think I did the right thing with my CBR res yesterday...
I figured "Preferred" meant closer to the food court/pool, etc. Looking at a map, that would also mean farther from parking. I'm taking DS4 by myself and I'd rather walk a bit farther for food/pool in the name of a shorter walk with luggage!

We are rarely in the room anyway, so preferred view has never been important. I guess it would be nice for visitors who plan on actually living there instead of visiting the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter