Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to the DIS board and I was doing some trolling when I came across this thread. All I have to say is - honestly with all due respect - I can say with confidence that I have seen it all! :rotfl2:

I can't say that I'm a true blue Metal fan, but in my youth (which unfortunately has passed me by a little bit ;)) I have seen bands like Metallica (it was the Black album tour - does that really count as Metal? :rotfl::confused3), Iron Maiden (on numerous occasions), Guns N Roses (before most anyone knew who they were opening up for The Cult), Black Sabbath (a few times), and Judas Priest, to name a few. I can also say with some trepidation that I was a victim of 80's hair Metal as well- :dance3: - my first concert at age 12 was Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil Tour", and I have seen everything from Accept (remember those German guys) to bands like WASP (I find it kind of sad to admit that last one :)). Looking back, I really scare myself. Nowadays I have an appreciation for bands like Korn, Rob Zombie, and Tool, however I've turned into more of Rock N Roll kind of guy. :) That being said in my books there's two kinds of Music, good and bad - and it exists in all styles/forms.

I also have seen/love Sam Dunn's documentaries, which I think are brilliant.

Anyway - I am just quietly thrilled and happily freaked out to see this thread on the DIS board. Don't get me wrong - I think it strangely cool :thumbsup2. It's great to see this community / however twisted :lmao: (oh I saw Twisted Sister as well) / on the DIS board.

:banana: ROCK ON / FIST IN THE AIR MICKEY!!!! :banana:

Cheers & ALL THE HEADBANGING BEST TO YOU! :scared1:

Zebsterama
:hippie:pirate:

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to the DIS board and I was doing some trolling when I came across this thread. All I have to say is - honestly with all due respect - I can say with confidence that I have seen it all! :rotfl2:

I can't say that I'm a true blue Metal fan, but in my youth (which unfortunately has passed me by a little bit ;)) I have seen bands like Metallica (it was the Black album tour - does that really count as Metal? :rotfl::confused3), Iron Maiden (on numerous occasions), Guns N Roses (before most anyone knew who they were opening up for The Cult), Black Sabbath (a few times), and Judas Priest, to name a few. I can also say with some trepidation that I was a victim of 80's hair Metal as well- :dance3: - my first concert at age 12 was Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil Tour", and I have seen everything from Accept (remember those German guys) to bands like WASP (I find it kind of sad to admit that last one :)). Looking back, I really scare myself. Nowadays I have an appreciation for bands like Korn, Rob Zombie, and Tool, however I've turned into more of Rock N Roll kind of guy. :) That being said in my books there's two kinds of Music, good and bad - and it exists in all styles/forms.

Anyway - I am just quietly thrilled and happily freaked out to see this thread on the DIS board. Don't get me wrong - I think it strangely cool :thumbsup2. It's great to see this community / however twisted :lmao: (oh I saw Twisted Sister as well) / on the DIS board.

Zebsterama

You my friend have seen some awesome bands!!! I have seen every band you mentioned at least once live (even the rock bands like korn and zombie) with the exception of Accept. I do love Accept though.....FAST AS A SHARK!!!!!!!

Disney and Metal do go together btw :goodvibes

Just reference the following songs:

"Fantasmic" by Nightwish
"Like Donald Duck" by Trick or Treat

They are both on Youtube but I am at work therefore I can not post the link....but a fan created a really cool video with Disney movie clips to go along with "Fantasmic"

And a quote from Tom Araya - House of Blues DTD 1999 (Slayer, Messhugah, Sick of it All)

"We're SLLLLLLAYYYERRRRRRR and we're in the house of the f'n Mouse!!!!!"

I myself have been bringing Metal to Disney since 1998.......

I'm sure alot of these have been mentioned, but Killswitch Engage, Zombie (Rob and White), Slipknot, Chaimara, Crossbreed, Pantera, Metallica, Static-X, Soil.

Hi there,

Zebsterama

:woohoo: Welcome!

Yup- I saw Accept **B@!!s to the Wallllllllll** and used to be into WASP "eh-hem" like a beast!" :lmao::lmao:

I can watch Sam Dunn's rockumentaries over and over again- and every time I see them- I get goosebumps!!!

And I will have to say ITA about the good and bad music- IMHO, the music *I* like is good- everything is bad!:lmao::rotfl2:

I'm sure alot of these have been mentioned, but Killswitch Engage, Zombie (Rob and White), Slipknot, Chaimara, Crossbreed, Pantera, Metallica, Static-X, Soil.

:wave2: Welcome!

Just a quick drive-by. Have to get back to work \m/

:sad1:OMG- listening to Sirius and they said Dio has cancer!!!!!!!!!????? :guilty::sad1:

I heard that his cure is a "Rainbow in the Dark" and he will clearly be the "Last in Line" as his "Sacred Heart" is "Hungry for Heaven" but at least he won't experience "Death by Love" and he will definitely be missed by all of the "Rock 'N Roll Children" :lmao:

I kid around but Dio will survive he is the man and if not his music will live on forever \m/ -_- \m/

Just wanted to check in and see how all of my Brothers and Sisters of True Metal and Disney are doing lately? I am still blasting it loud and proud and looking forward to my next WDW trip (May) and my next few Metal shows which will hopefully include the W.A.S.P. show at Patriot Place and possibly the Metal Super Group - Hail! (Tim "Ripper" Owens, Dave Ellefson, Mike Portnoy and Andreas Kisser) at the same venue..... Up The Irons and Blast it Loud and Proud :goodvibes

Hey Metal!

I am always peeking to see if anything is going on here;)

WASP- I saw them on The Metal Show a few weeks back and it brought back a lot of memories - all GOOD:thumbsup2 After seeing them I went on Youtube to refesh my memory and listen to some songs- OF COURSE I remember the obvious- "Animal" who can forget that one?:rotfl2: But this is one of the bands from the 80's that I can still tolerate and would like to see live.

Have fun!!!:woohoo:

Next up for us is Arch Enemy with Exodus, Arsis and Mutiny Within. And then the biggy- Slayer, Testament and Megadeth- after that, it is dry! I am not used to this- I need to go and check some venues for shows! Shame on me!

How is everyone else out there doing??

Nikki? How is your health?:hug:

Well forget Slayer!! Just opened this e-mail this morning!!!!!!!!! What happened??:sad:

We have been informed by Susquehanna that The American Carnage Tour on 2.13.2010 at 7:00pm has been postponed. At this time, no new date has been scheduled. When the new date is scheduled, we will notify you and you can expect that the tickets you have in your possession will be honored on the new date. At that time, you will also be given an opportunity to request a refund if you are unable to attend the new date.

Well forget Slayer!! Just opened this e-mail this morning!!!!!!!!! What happened??:sad:

We have been informed by Susquehanna that The American Carnage Tour on 2.13.2010 at 7:00pm has been postponed. At this time, no new date has been scheduled. When the new date is scheduled, we will notify you and you can expect that the tickets you have in your possession will be honored on the new date. At that time, you will also be given an opportunity to request a refund if you are unable to attend the new date.

Yeah, I heard about that. I think Tom's got some sort of back issue. At least it sounds like they are serious about re-scheduling and not just cancelling.

I'm supposed to be seeing HAIL! next week in NYC. Don't know if I'm going to be able to make it up to NYC on time on a Tues night, but my friend has a ticket for me, so I'm going to try.

Yeah, I heard about that. I think Tom's got some sort of back issue. At least it sounds like they are serious about re-scheduling and not just cancelling.

I'm supposed to be seeing HAIL! next week in NYC. Don't know if I'm going to be able to make it up to NYC on time on a Tues night, but my friend has a ticket for me, so I'm going to try.

Did you get to see Arch Enemy last night at the TLA???

......you work too much :rotfl2:

I did hear on Sirius that Slayer is already rescheduling their European tour dates- so ours might be closer to Spring or Summer. I am holding onto my tix :thumbsup2

Did you get to see Arch Enemy last night at the TLA???

......you work too much :rotfl2:

Yeah, tell me about it ... my occupation just doesn't allow me to get away much during the work week. I usually get a bunch of really long vacations a couple times a year, but weeknights are tough. I really would have liked to see Exodus.

Even though it's on a Sunday night, I'm also going to try and make the Cynic/ Between the Buried and Me/ Devin Townsend/ Scale the Summit show at the Troc later this month. Being a prog fan, that's killer line-up that's tough to miss!

Yeah, tell me about it ... my occupation just doesn't allow me to get away much during the work week. I usually get a bunch of really long vacations a couple times a year, but weeknights are tough. I really would have liked to see Exodus.

Exodus was good- we saw them last April with Kreator at the Troc. The crowd was kind of small last night. They closed with, of course, Toxic Waltz.

Even though it's on a Sunday night, I'm also going to try and make the Cynic/ Between the Buried and Me/ Devin Townsend/ Scale the Summit show at the Troc later this month. Being a prog fan, that's killer line-up that's tough to miss!

I find myself peeking to see who is playing when Devin Townsend is on Sirius. I like.

Hope you get to make it to the show!

Just wanted to check in and see how all of my Brothers and Sisters of True Metal and Disney are doing lately? I am still blasting it loud and proud and looking forward to my next WDW trip (May) and my next few Metal shows which will hopefully include the W.A.S.P. show at Patriot Place and possibly the Metal Super Group - Hail! (Tim "Ripper" Owens, Dave Ellefson, Mike Portnoy and Andreas Kisser) at the same venue..... Up The Irons and Blast it Loud and Proud :goodvibes
OOOh...going to see Wasp in March at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. I saw them there before and they were great. Blackie Lawless is kind of a jerk when it comes to taking pictures of him. Guess he's too good for that.;)
Hey Metal!

I am always peeking to see if anything is going on here;)

WASP- I saw them on The Metal Show a few weeks back and it brought back a lot of memories - all GOOD:thumbsup2 After seeing them I went on Youtube to refesh my memory and listen to some songs- OF COURSE I remember the obvious- "Animal" who can forget that one?:rotfl2: But this is one of the bands from the 80's that I can still tolerate and would like to see live.

Have fun!!!:woohoo:

Next up for us is Arch Enemy with Exodus, Arsis and Mutiny Within. And then the biggy- Slayer, Testament and Megadeth- after that, it is dry! I am not used to this- I need to go and check some venues for shows! Shame on me!

How is everyone else out there doing??

Nikki? How is your health?:hug:
Hey, you should come see Wasp at Jaxx too! How far is Springfield, VA for you?:laughing: It's about 3 hours for me, give or take, but then again I have somewhere to stay when I go there.

Getting better. I had an MRI and they told me things with my brain weren't healed yet, but were on their way to resolving. My back just kills me now, though. It was hacked into 7 times and I had a bunch of spinal taps, so there's a lot of nerve damage. Thanks for asking.:goodvibes

BOOO! Didn't Tom Araya have to cancel part of their tour last year because he had to have surgery? Hope everything is okay with him.

Any word on Dio lately? I haven't really heard anything since around Thanksgiving.

I've never seen Testament and they're FINALLY coming here with Megadeth:woohoo:(bring it around town!) Megadeth always puts on a fun show. Even if they're not really your thing you can still go and have a great time. But yay! I'm just excited is all...banana dancin' :banana:

On the otherhand, Ronnie has cancer?:guilty: That totally sux.

Hey Nikki!

Glad to hear from you. Great to hear the docs say you are on your way- now will you just stay put from now on? :hug:

I guess they cannot do anything for the nerve damage huh?:guilty:

OOOh...going to see Wasp in March at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. I saw them there before and they were great. Blackie Lawless is kind of a jerk when it comes to taking pictures of him. Guess he's too good for that.;)

Hey, you should come see Wasp at Jaxx too! How far is Springfield, VA for you?:laughing: It's about 3 hours for me, give or take, but then again I have somewhere to stay when I go there.

I checked an it looks to be 2.5- 3 hours away! You are going that far to see them?? Where are you staying??

BOOO! Didn't Tom Araya have to cancel part of their tour last year because he had to have surgery? Hope everything is okay with him.

Any word on Dio lately? I haven't really heard anything since around Thanksgiving.

I haven't checked for updates on Dio.

As far as Tom and the tour go- I heard they are starting to reschedule the European dates already. They might get to us by summer.:confused3

I've never seen Testament and they're FINALLY coming here with Megadeth:woohoo:(bring it around town!) Megadeth always puts on a fun show. Even if they're not really your thing you can still go and have a great time. But yay! I'm just excited is all...banana dancin' :banana:

On the otherhand, Ronnie has cancer?:guilty: That totally sux.

Are they with Slayer on the American Carnage tour? If so, check to make sure the show was not postponed. Ours in NJ was. Tom had back surgery.

BTW- we saw Arch Enemy last Thursday- I was a little disappointed b/c it did not seem like they had Angela's mic up enough to hear her :guilty:

But girls, I did discover some new eye candy to drool over:woohoo:

I took this with my camera - can you tell who I have my eye on??:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

It's not getting postponed here, but we're going to have Exodus headlining instead of Slayer now D: Thanks for the heads up!!<3 Poor Tom, that can't be fun. Hope he has a quick recovery...

And great eye candy~ There are few things on this earth better than a hot metal dudeXD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter