• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any 3DS deals out there now?

bigmama67

DIS Veteran
Just wondering - DS has had a DS Lite for over 3 years and it is NOT cooperating. He is so interested in a 3DS that we are considering it. I don't think he'd get much for the DS Lite, if anything, from Game Stop. Any other ways to bring this down to a smaller investment? Thanks!

As an alternative, might you consider an iPod touch?

We have a "family ds" that the kids used to fight over. This year 2 of them got iPods for Christmas. Now the DS sits unused...

Games on the iPod are often free or $1. How much are your DS games? Lemme tell you , I feel like a chump. I paid $14.99 for Deal or No Deal on a ds, but was able to get a version of it free on an iPod. I wouldn't dare spend $10 on an iPod app, but I used to spend $20 on a ds game like it was normal.

And there's no pen to lose!!!!

Yes, I understand, the equipment wouldn't be cheaper, but the games would more than make up for it!

Just an alternative thought to consider... Take it or leave it.

Right now, it seems the best deal I found so far is from Walmart-for $169 you get the 3DS, a case and a game.

Also as an alternative, like PP mentioned, you could also go with the Kindle Fire-Amazon offers a free app a day for Kindle Fire owners.

Thanks - yes, we were thinking he would like the IPod Touch but we recently asked him, theoretically, which electronics device he would like if he had a choice (Touch or 3DS) and he said 3DS, no question. We do have LOTS of DS games and if he went for the Touch we could probably sell most of the games for at least some $$ to put towards the purchase.

We're almost certainly going to get my DD a Leappad tablet when she turns 4, so he may decide he also wants something more versatile than the 3DS.

Well, we'll see...this is down the road a ways (May or June) so he could very well change his mind! They've been known to do that, y'know. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter