Anxiety at UOR

An option to consider is the vip tour. They take you straight to the front of the ride so no waiting in long lines indoors. It is money but would allow her to experience rides then the rest of the time she can bow out of a ride if she is overwhelmed without feeling like she has missed out.
Universal has family rooms in every ride but you have to get to a certain point in the line before getting to the room but we have used that as an air conditioned quiet space or if we got to a ride and my daughter wasn’t able to ride at that point (too overwhelmed).
If you really want to do Hagrids get the assistance pass because as other have said the queue is very cavelike and claustrophobic. But the assistance pass does bypass most of that.

If you really want to do Hagrids get the assistance pass because as other have said the queue is very cavelike and claustrophobic. But the assistance pass does bypass most of that.

I've often wondered if it's possible to get an assistance pass just for Hagrid's. That is the only queue that I have issues with (well, and Kong, but I don't like that ride enough to deal with it). If only I didn't like Hagrid's so much...

I was referring generally to others who have said the same thing, that there will never be enough to do to fill the time. It wasn`t personal to you.

The thing is we`re all different.....I for example couldn`t imagine anything worse than sitting on a beach in the Maldives for 3 weeks like some of our friends do, I personally would be bored rigid after half an hour.

I can only speak for the folks I know that travel to Orlando from the UK and many do enjoy Universal only now since Disney doesn`t appeal as much for several reasons. Staying at the Loews resorts is very relaxing to us and well worth every penny and pound we spend to get there and stay for a month. My nephew and his wife had just over a month staying between Portofino/RPR/Sapphire Falls recently, they only left the resorts/parks to have a an odd day here and there and for dinners out, they had a blast.

It is very much each to their own, but again....for the folks I know who visit from the UK, it is not out of the ordinary to spend that amount of money and only do Universal now.
I had to laugh at your statement about the beach! I feel exactly the same way. We visited Sanibel Island while our daughter and family were there, and after a half a day picking up shells, my husband and I were bored stiff.
She loves to sit on a tropical beach during vacation, and we would never do that; just not enough to do. We love wandering the parks/resorts and staying busy at our pace, which is pretty slow at times, LOL. To each their own. She just laughs at me because we always want to be on the go on our vacations:)

There are some quiet spots at the park. This is great advice and at Universal don't feel like you have to go go go. You can take a minute and have a break. I have heard that some theme parks have quiet room set up for guests with anxiety. Does Universal have the same??
Yes they do! It came out after our last trip, but I'll most likely be using it in the upcoming year.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-24 145119.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-24 145119.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 11

I had to laugh at your statement about the beach! I feel exactly the same way. We visited Sanibel Island while our daughter and family were there, and after a half a day picking up shells, my husband and I were bored stiff.
She loves to sit on a tropical beach during vacation, and we would never do that; just not enough to do. We love wandering the parks/resorts and staying busy at our pace, which is pretty slow at times, LOL. To each their own. She just laughs at me because we always want to be on the go on our vacations:)

lol.....you`ve read my TR`s....you know we`ll drive 2 hours to somewhere and spend 30 minutes to an hour walking on the beach, then it`s time for lunch and home again!!! That`s my idea of beach time on vacation........

You did well lasting half a day!!! Yes, we do like to be on the go on our trips, until it`s time for wine....... ::yes::

I agree, to each their own.

Thanks for the advice everyone. It sounds like the express pass will be our best option for most rides. I think we will also try to hold back a bit in the queue to give our daughter some space around her as suggested. Hopefully this way she will be ok in the express line for the shorter wait times, but we can always leave if it gets too much for her.

For the rides that don't accept express pass (Velocicoaster and Hagrids specifically), is there any benefit to having the access pass? I can't see our daughter being able to cope for an hour+ in a crowded queue, but if they don't have express pass lines, I guess there is no other option (unless they have another system for the access pass for these rides?). It would be a real shame to miss these as they are the main new rides since our last visit.

A few people have suggested 2 weeks being too long at universal. We previously stayed for 7 nights at RPR (followed by 12 nights at DinseyWorld) and could have easily stayed longer, so I think we will be fine for 2 weeks. After all, lots of people spend 2 weeks relaxing at a resort hotel with only a pool and minimal entertainment, so having 2 big theme parks and a water park right next door is plenty for us. I also like the idea of being able to slow down the pace and have lazy days by the pool when we feel like it. I could be wrong though - I'll make sure to report back after the trip with how it went.

BTW.. not sure why (maybe because I'm asking about my daughter's anxiety issue) but some people seem to have assumed I'm her Mum. Just for info, I'm actually her Dad.

Last edited:
BTW.. not sure why (maybe because I'm asking about my daughter's anxiety issue) but some people seem to have assumed I'm her Mum. Just for info, I'm actually her Dad.
Guilty as charged! My apologies. :oops:... I'm super sorry!!

Lots of great suggestions……I’m here now! Actually sitting by the pool at RPR with my dh. We’ve been on Hagrid’s everyday and there is at least 90-120 minutes of wait time. I would say half that time is indoors/caverns. Also it also breaks down quite a lot….or stops if a storm is approaching. I too have seen quite a few people having to leave. So many lovely Brits here. A family we spoke to said they got 14 day passes for Universal so I think that’s a great incentive to stay longer. I believe Canadians use to have them too. We got annual passes - hope to be back again next summer!!
Have a fabulous trip next year and let us know how it went.
FYI we are here for 10 nights - 11 days!
Brenda

Thanks for the advice everyone. It sounds like the express pass will be our best option for most rides. I think we will also try to hold back a bit in the queue to give our daughter some space around her as suggested. Hopefully this way she will be ok in the express line for the shorter wait times, but we can always leave if it gets too much for her.

For the rides that don't accept express pass (Velocicoaster and Hagrids specifically), is there any benefit to having the access pass? I can't see our daughter being able to cope for an hour+ in a crowded queue, but if they don't have express pass lines, I guess there is no other option (unless they have another system for the access pass for these rides?). It would be a real shame to miss these as they are the main new rides since our last visit.

A few people have suggested 2 weeks being too long at universal. We previously stayed for 7 nights at RPR (followed by 12 nights at DinseyWorld) and could have easily stayed longer, so I think we will be fine for 2 weeks. After all, lots of people spend 2 weeks relaxing at a resort hotel with only a pool and minimal entertainment, so having 2 big theme parks and a water park right next door is plenty for us. I also like the idea of being able to slow down the pace and have lazy days by the pool when we feel like it. I could be wrong though - I'll make sure to report back after the trip with how it went.

Since you're there 2 weeks, your best bet is to rope drop 1 on 1 day and rope drop the other on a 2nd day. It's the likeliest way to shorten the wait and line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter