Anticipation is driving me nuts!!!

ClaudeZ767

Biennial Visitor to the Fort
We're 12 days out from a 14 day trip to the Fort! On the road from May22 through June 8th! I know that the 2 weeks leading up to the trip will be the slowest in history and the 2 weeks at the fort will evaporate in no time!! This time my dearest DW is carrying my soon to arrive DS! It ought to be an eventful trip!:woohoo::yay:

I was going to tell you your anticipation is nothing ~ we have to wait until Thanksgiving! :upsidedow

However, you're even Bigger anticipation of the arrival of a DS totally trumps my anticipation! :cheer2: Congratulations! And Happy Early Father's Day!

We'll be there May 23 - June 3, total of 11 days at the Fort. Our last visit to FW was 18 years ago. We've been doing Disney resorts in the past, just got a new motorhome and we're Disney bound. Sooooo very excited!

Have fun!

We drove from Lafayette LA in December - stopping for the night in a rest area off I-4 just south of I-10. But with your DW expecting - you'll be stopping many, many times for potty breaks! Be sure you plan your stops between Pensacola and Tallahassee - it can get rather sparse through that stretch.

When is the baby due?

We'll be there May 23 - June 3, total of 11 days at the Fort. Our last visit to FW was 18 years ago. We've been doing Disney resorts in the past, just got a new motorhome and we're Disney bound. Sooooo very excited!

This is our first real trip in our New to use 26 yr old coach:rolleyes:We where there 2 yrs ago with the kids this one is just the wife and I for our 5 yr anniversary. I am going up to Minneapolis Mn. For work will be home very late thurs. The hope is to sleep in and get then late after noon Fri. If I get south of Indy on Fri I will be happy. Bulk of the drive on Sat and the few hrs on Sun before we check in.

sounds like a great time. the days you have to wait for the trip to start won't be so bad, for me it is always those last 8 hours of the work day. i get pretty edgy at work. lol

Have fun!

We drove from Lafayette LA in December - stopping for the night in a rest area off I-4 just south of I-10. But with your DW expecting - you'll be stopping many, many times for potty breaks! Be sure you plan your stops between Pensacola and Tallahassee - it can get rather sparse through that stretch.

When is the baby due?

Hi.. Yes I am anticipating multiple stops for the wife.. She is due on Oct2nd so she's about 20 weeks along when the trip begins on the 22nd.. I just hope the rain that is forecast for EVERY DAY of our first week there gives us a break at some point!

We will check in on the 21st for ten days. I am not liking the weather reports either. Look us up and say hi when you get there. We will be easy to spot, just look for the huge green Peterbilt.

Have fun!

When is the baby due?

Hi, Kim
I appreciate the advice. This is going to be a whole new experience I'm sure. We normally head out on Saturday morning from Pearl River and drive most of the way to Disney. We stop in either Ocala or Wildwood overnight, then on to Disney to check in Sunday. We'll stop as often as she needs to. She is 20 weeks along on Saturday and is due Oct 2nd. Gonna be exciting..:banana:

I hope the weather gives us a break! According to weather.com. scattered thunderstorms predicted for the entire first week!

Leaving For the Fort in about an Hour. Getting out sooner than I thought !:goodvibes I saw the weather and dont care. Warm and Wet dont bother me!

Well, I made it here this afternoon. First spot they assigned was way to small. Back to registration to beg for a better site. They moved us to a much better site. We are able to get both the fiver and the tow vehicle parked on the site. The weather was hot and muggy, just like LA today. Looking forward to tommorow.

We are Here! Site 836 come see us!
SNC00119.jpg

Mike Whitehead
You were probably checking in as I was leaving. We were right across the street in the 600 loop. You get extra points for the green ears on your windshield.

ftwildernessrick
Do you have the Mickey hands on your golf cart? If you do, I saw you around the fort a number of times. Wish I had known it was you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter