Another TCD Trip Report-August 2009 @ The Fort!

OKW has tennis courts also and i believe GF has them.

eta: oops didn't realize you had mentioned that earlier.

also, the guy with the camera set up, i only know his first name - deano - they call him. he was in the chat everynight with the live cam on. not sure if i mentioned this before but he said another guest complained about the camera and security had to come but he was allowed to keep it up. someone else also mentioned someone taking a picture of his set up, lol. so someone watching the livestream must have seen you, TCD!

I figured that there might be video of my taking photos. Too funny.

I was really thinking about hanging up a sign on the empty site across from him saying Fort Fiends rule, or something like that, but with the rain and all, I never got around to it.

I thought it was cool for him to do the live stream. But, I don't think I would want to be the campsite that was in the video all day.

TCD

More from the Settlement:

FW809746.jpg

FW809747.jpg

FW809748.jpg

I have lost count of how many times I have visited the Fort. But, trust me, it’s a lot. I never paid attention to this fire hydrant before:

FW809749.jpg

Interesting, isn’t it?

FW809750.jpg

FW809751.jpg

FW809752.jpg

FW809753.jpg

FW809754.jpg

Guess what?

That’s all the photos I have.

I think there were about 430.

Here’s the last one:

FW809755.jpg

So, that’s my report.

Maybe it wasn’t my best work.

But it was long.

You can’t deny that.

Until next time . . .

TCD is out.

I figured that there might be video of my taking photos. Too funny.

I was really thinking about hanging up a sign on the empty site across from him saying Fort Fiends rule, or something like that, but with the rain and all, I never got around to it.

I thought it was cool for him to do the live stream. But, I don't think I would want to be the campsite that was in the video all day.

TCD

no, i don't think they would have appreciated their fight being captured on camera and security had to be called because the wife punched the husband in the stomach!i just happened to be watching when it happened!

FW809724.jpg

Here in the Mid Atlantic you can drive your 4 wheel drive vehicle on the beach to go surf fishing.
This is a surf fishing rack. The long surf fishing rods (10' or longer) are carried in the up right pipes to the beach. a 5 gallon bucket fits in the loop on the side of that cooler filled with fresh water for washing your hands or keeping your bait in. The rectangle bracket on the other side of the cooler is for carrying a tackle box. If there were angled rod holders those would be for holding your poles while fishing I don't see any in the picture so this guy must use sand spikes to hold his poles while fishing. The coolers are carried hinge side out because if you carry it latch side out at highway speeds the latch will let go causing the lid open your stuff will blow out and scare the daylights out of you. Once you are on the beach you can turn the cooler around for easy access. You can find those racks at a lot of tackle shops near the coast even Wal-Mart and K-Mart sells them here in the Mid Atlantic.

I know this is TMI but you were wondering whats it's for.

Here in the Mid Atlantic you can drive your 4 wheel drive vehicle on the beach to go surf fishing.
This is a surf fishing rack. The long surf fishing rods (10' or longer) are carried in the up right pipes to the beach. a 5 gallon bucket fits in the loop on the side of that cooler filled with fresh water for washing your hands or keeping your bait in. The rectangle bracket on the other side of the cooler is for carrying a tackle box. If there were angled rod holders those would be for holding your poles while fishing I don't see any in the picture so this guy must use sand spikes to hold his poles while fishing. The coolers are carried hinge side out because if you carry it latch side out at highway speeds the latch will let go causing the lid open your stuff will blow out and scare the daylights out of you. Once you are on the beach you can turn the cooler around for easy access. You can find those racks at a lot of tackle shops near the coast even Wal-Mart and K-Mart sells them here in the Mid Atlantic.

I know this is TMI but you were wondering whats it's for.

That is actually not TMI. It is just the right amount of I.

Living here in Florida, I have never seen one of these contraptions before.

It looks like this is a real useful thing for surf fishing. Thanks for explaining what the other spaces are for. And, it's not a bad item to have for bringing a big cooler to the Fort.

TCD

:headache::headache::headache: LAWYER UP!!!! :headache::headache::headache:
Now I'll have to review the whole security tape from dawn till dusk! :headache:
Stalking comes to mind!!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

To funny, We must have crossed paths as I woulda been walking Rohan or on the way to Shower stall 3 at that time!!

Your Reports are awesome! :worship:

If I were the camper behind him, I wouldn't be to happy having someone place a tent in my campsite. Guess I've always thought that your campsite consisted of the area between your RV and the one in front of you. The space behind your rig belongs to the other camper.

. . . .
I am not sure I am following you. In the preferred and full loops, there is a sand pad behind where you park your RV. That is definitely part of your campsite, and it's OK to put a tent there. So, I don't see the space behind your RV as belonging to another camper. But, I do agree with the point that I think you are trying to make- which is, there is no clear definition of what space goes with each campsite. I have seen, for example, a tent set up between two sites that takes up all the space between those two sites. What if the neighbor wanted to put a tent there, too? And, I have seen folks set up tents a considerable distance behind their sand pad, or in the case of a premium site, their concrete pad. For example, on the 800 loop, after renovation, I saw a tent set up behind the concrete slab, totally off of the slab, and almost into the pet walk area. I would not be surprised to see some rules come out on this. . . .
TCD

TCD - I guess I was confusing. When I referred to the area "behind your camper" I'm referring to the area to the right side of his MH. The area where his slide is and the larger beige tent is setup. I would consider that area to be the other person's site to place their tent. Suppose the person in that site wanted to pitch a tent in their front yard and this guy was already there with his tent. I don't think I would want to be sitting in my lounge chairs on my patio drinking my favorite beverage with people right there in a tent a few feet away. In my opinion, he has setup a tent in his front yard and his back yard. I tend to call the area where the sand pad is the "end" of the site since that's where the "back end" of the camper is. Sorry for the confusion.

When we were there last fall, some people in the 1500 loop had placed tents on the grassy knoll walkway on the left side (higher numbered sites) of the loop -- when you are looking at it from the roadway. The next day their tents were moved down into their sites. I would assume Disney made them move them since they were way out of their campsite.

...When we were there last fall, some people in the 1500 loop had placed tents on the grassy knoll walkway on the left side (higher numbered sites) of the loop -- when you are looking at it from the roadway. The next day their tents were moved down into their sites. I would assume Disney made them move them since they were way out of their campsite.
If Disney had them move the tents from the grassy knoll, maybe they were worried about Magic Bullets!

Another excellent TR! :worship:

Makes me even more excited to pack the camper and get down there ASAP....

ok in about 57 days. :yay:

TCD - I guess I was confusing. When I referred to the area "behind your camper" I'm referring to the area to the right side of his MH. The area where his slide is and the larger beige tent is setup. I would consider that area to be the other person's site to place their tent. Suppose the person in that site wanted to pitch a tent in their front yard and this guy was already there with his tent. I don't think I would want to be sitting in my lounge chairs on my patio drinking my favorite beverage with people right there in a tent a few feet away. In my opinion, he has setup a tent in his front yard and his back yard. I tend to call the area where the sand pad is the "end" of the site since that's where the "back end" of the camper is. Sorry for the confusion.

When we were there last fall, some people in the 1500 loop had placed tents on the grassy knoll walkway on the left side (higher numbered sites) of the loop -- when you are looking at it from the roadway. The next day their tents were moved down into their sites. I would assume Disney made them move them since they were way out of their campsite.

OK- I get what you are saying now. The curb side of an RV is usually where the door and awning is, so I can see calling that the front, and the street side the back. With all the clearing that has occurred, I have seen people putting tents everywhere. I have also seen tents set up on the grassy knoll. I know the exact area you are talking about. I have not seen or heard of any rules about where you can put a tent. I still find it interesting that the official Disney website describes the premium sites, which are basically all concrete, as being appropriate for tent camping. If they are going to advertise those sites, which now make up more than 50% of the available sites at the Fort, as appropriate for tent camping, then I think they have to let folks put their tents wherever they please.

If Disney had them move the tents from the grassy knoll, maybe they were worried about Magic Bullets!

Dave, you are a funny man! That's a good one!

Another excellent TR! :worship:

Makes me even more excited to pack the camper and get down there ASAP....

ok in about 57 days. :yay:

Only 57 more days? That's nothing! I hope they go quick for you!

TCD

The only thing you have to fear about my Magic Bullet is it overheating from mixing too much Kungaloosh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter