Another stroller question-what'd ya do for 2 kids plus a baby?

dtsaos

DIS Veteran
My kids will be 5, 3 and 8mo old. I know that my DS 5 gets tired too, so it wouldn't be fair not to have a seat for him too. We do have a front to back double stroller & we'll be driving down, but even folded up the thing takes up a ton of room. So we're not committed to bringing it. Last year we rented a double from www.abbf.com & that worked out well, but of course we didn't have the baby then! Any suggestions? Would like ones that are as uncumbersome as possible, but want the baby to be able to lie down. Thanks!

We are going in 22 days :hourglass and we will be bring our DD 5, DS 3 and DS 5 months. We plan on renting the Disney double strollers for the older children and bring our foldup stroller for the youngest. $15 a day for the double is worht not having the kids say how tiered they are and not having to deal with lugging around your own double stroller.

We just bought a Jeep Umbrella stroller for our almost 4yo. The girl tht was helping us at BRU (Babies R Us) told us that there was a clip to connect 2 Jeeps together. We didn't get it since we have a smaller version of the kind that holds the infant seat & we will use that one for our younger son.

The Jeep Stroller was about $30 & since it is an umbrella stroller it closes up like one. Plus if your oldest son wants to walk, you can always fold up the stroller & attach it to your baby's stroller (we do that all the time) & when he wants it you can open it.

I hope that make sense.

Have fun,

Kerri

monorailsilver,
that sounds cool, we'll have to look into it. Right now I'm kind of thinking umbrella stroller and a sit n stand stroller. My 3 yr old doesn't like to sit in strollers too much so I'm thinking her & DS can kind of take turns with the umbrella stroller and the stand on the sit nstand. Any thoughts on that idea?

we used a sit and stand for our last trip, although we only had 2 little ones ages 2 and 5. I loved the sit and stand especially for the 5 year old. She didn't need it too much , but it was great to have when she was tired of walking or when trying to get through crowds of people. Sometimes she would stand and ride, other times when she was especially tired, she would sit down on the back seat. Do you think your two older ones would take turns with the back of the sit and stand so you could eliminate the umbrella stroller?

cepmom,
maybe, but I think i'd feel better having the extra seat if possible-if we get one of those umbrella ones that fold up real small maybe that would work. Glad to hear that you liked the sit n stand-I've heard mixed reviews on it, but I think it just depends on how your kids are.

glad I could help! I wouldn't say the sit and stand was the easiest stroller to maneuver, but it worked out fine for us. It was a little hard to steer, but not so much that I would advise against it. I had a harder time pushing my kids in umbrella strollers. I was able to buy one second hand at a consignment shop and then about a year ago I sold it since my kids are now too big for it. Having a small umbrella stroller might be wise if your concerned about them all wanting a seat at the same time. If you're not using it, you could fold it up and hook it over the handles of the bigger stroller so you're not pushing around an empty stroller.

Dippy Dawg said:
We are going in 22 days :hourglass and we will be bring our DD 5, DS 3 and DS 5 months. We plan on renting the Disney double strollers for the older children and bring our foldup stroller for the youngest. $15 a day for the double is worht not having the kids say how tiered they are and not having to deal with lugging around your own double stroller.

That's exactly what we're doing when we go. My 7 year old and 4 year old like to sit in the big double at the parks, and we're bringing our own single for our 2 year old.

I had a Sit N Stand, and I really didn't care for it. The basket was hard to get to, and I didn't like the steering. It's all how much your kids weigh though, if you've got bigger kids on the back it will be harder to steer.

And Dippy Dog, we'll be there at the same time!

We took our 5, 3, and 1 year old. We brought 2 single strollars with clips so they could be pushed by one person if necessary. We swapped the 5 and 3 year old out with riding/walking. It worked reasonably well. My 5 year old is not a huge walking fan and my 3 year old has mild cerebral palsy but they did well with switching and an afternoon break in the pool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter