Another stroller question - Peg Perego Pliko P3

mamamac

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have this stroller? Would you use it at Disney? My oldest dd will be 5 (weighs 50 lbs) and my other dd is 3 1/2 (weighs 40). I am wondering how well the back step really works. Can you use it for "long" strolls or mostly just short ones? Any info would be great!
Thanks

We used it when our oldest was 5 and our youngest was 10 months. It worked very well at Disney. We mostly used it for quick trips from one side of the pari to the other and at the end of the day. We made our oldest walk most of the time and she was fine. It was perfect for when her legs got tired or we needed to maneuver quickly to a reservation or to use our fastpass. We plan on using it again in 2010. Our now 6 year old is only 42 lbs, so it works well for us still.

I just got a slightly beat up one from craigslist to try at WDW in jan. How does it push with a heavier child. DS is 35 lbs.

That is a great stroller! We have used it at Disney many times and love it. My boys will be too big for it this year so it is being passed on to my sister. Last time I had a 1 year old in it and a 3 year old standing on the back plus a big back pack on my back and it was very doable...have fun!!

Does anyone have this stroller? Would you use it at Disney? My oldest dd will be 5 (weighs 50 lbs) and my other dd is 3 1/2 (weighs 40). I am wondering how well the back step really works. Can you use it for "long" strolls or mostly just short ones? Any info would be great!
Thanks

The back step works fine for longer strolls if you child is willing to stand there for a while. It does seem to help when a child is tired, and it is nice to have your kids all in one place (around crowds). The stroller can't recline when a child is standing on the back step.

I just got a slightly beat up one from craigslist to try at WDW in jan. How does it push with a heavier child. DS is 35 lbs.

We just used an older at Pliko at Disney with our 5 yo (used it at Disney when she was 2 and 3, too), and she's close to 40 lbs now. It works well. And it was easy to hang a backpack on the back.

we recently purchased the p3 for our infant. he loves the stroller. at first i thought he would be too small for it but it's so cozy for him. he loves to sit up so he can look around. also great that it reclines. my son is 6 months old. we'll be going to WDW at the end of january when he'll be 7 months old. i'm looking forward to taking this stroller. we have been going to the zoo alot lately to get him used to being in the stroller.

that doesn't help for your kids but i just wanted to add that i really like the stroller :)

I have a Peg Pliko, plus Mac Techno XLR and Triumph. My toddler prefers the Pliko - he is very long (as is my DD), so he is looking squished in the Mac Triumph, so we will be bringing our P3 with us for our July trip. We go each July for 2 weeks, so we need good strollers for napping, getting around parks, etc. This stroller is awesome - lightweight, easy to fold, easy to clean and very comfy! My DD6.5, is 59lbs, and still hops on the back whenever she can - LOL!

Have a great trip, Tiger :)

We have it, but prefer to use our jogging stroller at Disney. It seems to handle the terrain better, and has all the extras the P3 has. If you go this route, just makes sure your front wheel pivots and the umbrella reaches far...oftentimes they are kinda pathetic. :)

we love our p3. I think the steps on the back are a great resting spot (although kiddo is standing up). The big hood is nice because you can pull it all the way forward to cover the seat so it doesn't get hot in the sun. I bought the Peg bag that attaches to the hooks on it, love the bag, however we just use carabieners (sp) instead of their plastic connectors. I also bought a rain cover for it that covers the whole stroller (doesn't zip on to the hood). It is a nice soft bendable cover unlike some of the stiff clear plastic ones. I recently considered a Maclaren for our 37 lbs. 5yo but then thought about my P3 and decided it was perfect for WDW!

Thank you for all the replys. I went ahead and bought one off of Craigslist and took it to the mall. It will be perfect for what we need it to do and it works great, way better than my Joovy.

And yes I would LOVE to take my jogging stroller, but it's a monster and won't fit in any luggage that we have and not even a special tandem bike suitcase. Even if I take the thing apart it still won't work :(

So thanks again! Can't wait for our trip!

we love our p3. I think the steps on the back are a great resting spot (although kiddo is standing up). The big hood is nice because you can pull it all the way forward to cover the seat so it doesn't get hot in the sun. I bought the Peg bag that attaches to the hooks on it, love the bag, however we just use carabieners (sp) instead of their plastic connectors. I also bought a rain cover for it that covers the whole stroller (doesn't zip on to the hood). It is a nice soft bendable cover unlike some of the stiff clear plastic ones. I recently considered a Maclaren for our 37 lbs. 5yo but then thought about my P3 and decided it was perfect for WDW!

hi! where did you find the big cover?

Its a Protect a bub rain cover, I think I bought it on ebay or amazon. I despise those heavy plastic ones that you can never fold back up. This one was great, its black w/ a clear window in the front and it folds up small (and easily) in to a little carrying case. If I used it I would just unfold it back at the room and it dried really quickly. DD never fussed sitting in the stroller with it on and she stayed completely dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter