Another Stroller Question - just what we need!

travelitis

DIS Veteran
We need to buy a stroller for a 50lb. child. Any suggestions that won't require 2nd mortgage? Our reason not to rent is we have AP's, and that stroller rental is adding up fast. We'll save money buying as long as it's not a $300 rig.

We have a 44-pound 5-year-old son who rides in a Maclaren Volo at Disney. The Volo steers just fine even with that weight so I suppose 50 pounds would work all right too. I think the Volo is around $100. It doesn't have many bells and whistles but is good for an older child who is just going to be hopping in for a rest, not riding around all day and needing to recline, etc.
:)

Maclaren Quest. Albeebay has it for $130. It pushs fine with my 45 lb son so I'm sure it will work for you.

deb

I say Maclaren Volo also. I got mine a few months back for my DD who is 6 1/2 and 43 pounds. I ordered off of babydealz.com and only paid $64 which included s&h, but I bought a 2004 model. Pushes GREAT!! I think you would be VERY happy with this. I know we are and wish we had known about this line of strollers when we had our first 15 years ago. You can find a good deal if you search the web. The volo holds up to 55 pounds, but I have seen posts from people saying they pushed their 55pound child plus bags on handles etc. and no problem so it must actually hold a bit more weight. :wave2:

Any of the Maclarens will work for you (limit of 55lbs). Kidcos are harder to find but have a 50lb weight limit. www.albeebaby.com is a good place to get the Mac; I'd avoid babydealz because you do not get a warranty through Maclaren with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter