Another rewards company bites the dust

I get most of my information from a website called f*ckedcompany.com. They track and post dot bombs before any other source. It has become so popular that people working at failing companies tend to post on the site as a "public service" of sorts. The language on the site is not for those who are easily offended.

Wow-there is certainly is some *colorful* language on that site-LOL! Will be interesting to see what happens as I have 2 former college friends who are employed at etour. Hope they stick around!

Karen

Please say it isn't sooooo. I only need 900 more points to cash in my first time with etour. Plus my mother just joined last night.:mad:

and lets hope that that is what this is a rumour.

I am ready to cash out just reached 5000 again last night.

Mal:(

Sorry if that link didn't work -- from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

ETour, an Atlanta dot-com that raised $45 million in funding and attracted plenty of attention during the Internet boom, is shutting its doors.

The company's business model worked like this: A consumer typed in areas of interest and the site recommended a list of sites. Web sites paid to be listed as good matches for the consumer. ETour was founded in January 1998.

Like many Internet start-ups, it hit hard times during the last year. It failed to raise venture capital or find a buyer, said co-founder and President Jim Lanzone, who announced the closing Wednesday to the staff.

Lanzone's explanation for the company's failure? "It is the same thing you have been reading about everyone else," he said. "The market."

During the past year, eTour has had a number of executive changes, including the departure of founder and Chief Executive Roger Barnette. ETour laid off employees along the way, including 34 in January. It also tried to shift its business model.

In February, the company said it would try to sell its technology to other Web sites. Also, it said it would focus more on selling the placements to traditional companies that have Web sites, figuring such companies are more stable than pure dot-coms.

At its peak, eTour had 150 employees. At the time that the company announced it would shut down, it had 45. A staff of 10 will stay on board for a few weeks and try to sell company assets, Lanzone said. He declined to release details on severance pay.

You know what makes me mad? These companies will just shut down without giving their members any notice. The will just let us all keep clicking until we go to the site and it will be gone. At least Freeride gave us a few days to cash out.

It will be interesting to see if we get the gc that we cashed out for last weekend.

Well, I'm certainly not at all happy to hear this!:mad: I'm still waiting for the Outback Steakhouse GC I redeemed for about a month ago. :mad: I think I'll email them my confirmation info and see what happens.

Etour has been one of my favorites to do. I really got a lot of interesting sites from them. Thank goodness I never started freeride!

well that is 3

FreeRide

eTour

Beenz it may not be dead yet but I have quit I know I said I wouldn't but it will take 1 year to get a $10 credit to the rewardzcard at 10 beenz a day.

I cashed out at eTour for an Oliver Garden GC about a month ago have not received it yet.

Mal:(

Well, now I am really sad...

I have been busy for the past couple of Saturdays and have not be around cash out for a GC. I think both my husband and I have around 7,000 points each. :(

I am so depressed! I really liked etour! Guess I better go spend that target GC now eh? maggie

I am very upset about this - I cannot believe a company that has been around since 1998 could be so ignorant as to not inform their valuable customers. I haven't been clicking as long as others have, but I am upset that all of these places can just shut down and not let anyone know. And to find out from a newspaper article is astonashing. To me, I hope for everyone that has ordered something gets them - I only wish I was able to get the 500 more points, yes that's only 500 more points to - I'm sorry to vent - just upset that 2 of my favorite programs are down:mad: :mad:

Joline

I'll trade you... I have over 10,000 points! I have never been able to cash in... either I haven't been home on Saturday at 2, or I haven't been able to get in! This one ticks me off!

At least my mother was able to cash in... that first day they had this limited # of GC's... and she's already gotten her Target GC...

etour going under won't affect the validity of the GC, will it?

I haven't been home to cash out at 2 on Sat, either and I have 9400 points now.

And I like e-tour--I have found so many cool sites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter