another question about the refillable mug

jfg

Earning My Ears
I have read most of the info on the refillable mug plan at disney world. Used to go to disney every year or so. Have not for several years now. Will go on this week end 9/23/17 to 9/29/17. Hope no Hurricane. So if I don't buy a refillable mug, can I still buy a paper cup at the checkout counter for coffee? All so, if I wanted a coke or other soda, I would have to buy the more expensive bottles. Or drink water and ice at fill up stand. More healthy anyway. To me, I sound like I'm asking a silly question. But, I'm guessing it's not for coffee. LOL:-)

The mug can be used for coffee, absolutely. If I'm there 4 days and plan for caffeinated in the morning and decaf at night I get the mug. I don't generally drink soda at all.

All so, if I wanted a coke or other soda, I would have to buy the more expensive bottles.

I don't know what that means, sorry.

Going from the 23rd-29th means many opportunities for coffee and soda. I'd buy the mug.

The refillable mug can be used for Soda, Iced tea, Lemonade, Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa. Anything that comes out of the Fountain Beverage machines, Coffee machines or cocoa machines at any of the Resort Quick Service locations is eligible for the refillable mug program. So if you were to purchase 4-5 beverages the mug is basically paid for.

The refillable mug can be used for Soda, Iced tea, Lemonade, Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa. Anything that comes out of the Fountain Beverage machines, Coffee machines or cocoa machines at any of the Resort Quick Service locations is eligible for the refillable mug program. So if you were to purchase 4-5 beverages the mug is basically paid for.
You can purchase fountain beverages in paper cups. These also have a chip that permits them to be refilled for a limited period of time after first use. I don't know if the paper coffee cups also have this feature, since we don't do coffee.

Last edited:
You can purchase fountain beverages in paper cups. These also have a chip that permits them to be refilled for a limited period of time after first use. I don't know if the paper coffee cups also have this feature, since we don't do coffee.

I know that. The OP didn't seem to know what the refillable mug could or couldn't be used for. As far as the paper coffee cups I don't know if they have a chip in them or not but unless things have changed over the past several months the coffee dispensers, iced tea dispensers & cocoa machines do not need a chip to activate, just the fountain beverage machines do.

Hot beverage cups don't have a chip because hot beverage dispensers don't have a chip reader.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter