Another Newcomer

galaxiesaway3

Earning My Ears
Hello, everyone! I’m a 39 year old lady who adores Stitch, Grogu, and Loth-cats. I’ve actually never been to a Disney park, but doing so is a lifelong dream. Having never been to any of the parks, I probably won’t have too much I can add to many of the conversations here. I’ll chime in where I can, though!

I’m my disabled mother’s full time live-in caregiver; my dad works from home, but due to the nature of his job, he can’t just drop what he’s doing during work hours each time she needs assistance. I take care of Mom and do the household chores, so it feels like I’m constantly going. I’ve just taken up journaling in hopes that it’ll help me deal with my constant stress and severe depression. (It also gives me a very good reason to buy more stickers!)

Welcome to the Dis Boards! Have you ever heard of Junk Journaling? Facebook has some fabulous groups and it's an interesting hobby. I mention it because a lot of those folks have mentioned that it helps them to have it as a creative outlet in their stressful lives. Caregiving can take a lot out of a person, for sure. Hugs to you from Oklahoma!

Welcome to the Dis Boards! Have you ever heard of Junk Journaling? Facebook has some fabulous groups and it's an interesting hobby. I mention it because a lot of those folks have mentioned that it helps them to have it as a creative outlet in their stressful lives. Caregiving can take a lot out of a person, for sure. Hugs to you from Oklahoma!
Thanks so much! I’ve actually been looking into junk journaling and getting some ideas. There’s all sorts of goodies around this place that I’m sure I can put to good use. Returning hugs from Texas!

Hello, everyone! I’m a 39 year old lady who adores Stitch, Grogu, and Loth-cats. I’ve actually never been to a Disney park, but doing so is a lifelong dream. Having never been to any of the parks, I probably won’t have too much I can add to many of the conversations here. I’ll chime in where I can, though!

I’m my disabled mother’s full time live-in caregiver; my dad works from home, but due to the nature of his job, he can’t just drop what he’s doing during work hours each time she needs assistance. I take care of Mom and do the household chores, so it feels like I’m constantly going. I’ve just taken up journaling in hopes that it’ll help me deal with my constant stress and severe depression. (It also gives me a very good reason to buy more stickers!)
Hi, I’m new too! I was the caregiver for my dad before he died, and then my mom (both dementia) and I just wanted to say I know what you’re going through - it can be so rough and my heart goes out to you. I think journaling is a great idea to have a creative outlet to manage your stress!
I just rewatched Lilo & Stitch last night, it’s one of my favorites :)

Hi, I’m new too! I was the caregiver for my dad before he died, and then my mom (both dementia) and I just wanted to say I know what you’re going through - it can be so rough and my heart goes out to you. I think journaling is a great idea to have a creative outlet to manage your stress!
I just rewatched Lilo & Stitch last night, it’s one of my favorites :)
Hello! My condolences on your losses. My mom had a major stroke which has left her unable to walk or do all the things she used to, so since I’m the single kid (I have a younger brother who has a wife and kiddo) I’m the one who needed to step in and make taking care of her and everything else my full time job.

I’ve been learning all sorts of fun little crafty things to incorporate into my journal (yay for Pinterest!) and I’m looking forward to finding a little time to try some out. My parents usually go to bed at about 9, so I stay up for a while when I have the energy in order to do something relaxing that I just don’t have the time to do during the day. Having a hybrid written journal and junk journal not only lets me just get everything out, it lets me put a lot of my random crafting supplies to use!

It has been a shamefully long time since I actually had the opportunity to watch Lilo & Stitch. It’s my favorite Disney movie and I really need to dig my dvd out! (Or just pull it up on Disney+ some night.)

Welcome to the Disboards galaxiesaway3! I've just recently come back to the boards myself. I had a stroke almost two years ago and you are amazing for stepping up to help your mom (and dad). I was doing caregiving myself when I had the stroke so kind of understand both sides. I'm so glad you've found the disboards and hope it can bring you some joy. Hopefully some day you will get to go to one of the parks and fulfill your dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter