Another new DVC-er questions - availability

Louise Potts

Mouseketeer
Hi there

Me again - this year is our first year as DVC members, i had booked for April - had to cancel due to covid, then rebooked for August - again cancelled due to covid, i have now rebooked for October BUT i am on waitlist for one night - i got a shock at how little availability there was, is this normal for October? Is there something special going on 11th Oct - 18th Oct, or is this just a surge in bookings following the closure?

Hoping to get my first night waitlist booking or i will be sleeping in the parking lot!

Thanks

Lou

It’s called Fall Frenzy for a reason! Yes, that time of year is crazy busy and the fact we are 5 months away, it’s pretty tight,

But, things are changing all the time,,l have adjusted my trip at the end of October several times, I stalk the website 3 to 5 times a day and finally got almost exactly what I want.

Keep checking even if you have a waitlist.

Columbus Day weekend and the week following have been very popular for several years, now. Many schools, especially in the southern states, have that week as a fall break. In 2020 Columbus Day is October 12.

On top of that, this year, fall availability is heavily impacted by the virus and resort closures (due to banked points extended for April & June use years as well as some late banking allowances for those use years).

You might want to book a value room for the night in case the waitlist doesn't come through. You can always cancel it.

Someone must have cancelled their October trip if you were able to book a stay this late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter