• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ANOTHER new blog posted!

Thank you. :)

I have received a couple E-Mails for asking more information about the EMI policy in Space Moutain.

In the early 1990's, when I got my first power wheelchair, I loved going through all the twists and turns of the Space Mountain queue. In the mid-1990's the FDA published EMI guidelines that apply to power wheelchairs. Wheelchair companies also put EMI warnings in operation manuals. The warnings are about cell phones and those anti-theft detectors that you see at the exits of Best Buy and similar stores.

Here is the PDF that I referenced in the blog:

http://www.wheelchairnet.org/wcn_prodserv/Docs/TeamRehab/RR_95/9501art4.PDF

I was surprised by the Magic Kingdom bus depot comments, since the Disney resort busses have always had a direct route to the Magic Kingdom, at least as far as my first stay onsite at Port Orleans in 1992. I know that offsite hotels have to bus you to the TTC for transfers to the MK.

And I think the cast member at Pop Century was a bit slow on the uptake. First, for not recognizing a state ID is acceptable, and then after finding out that you're alone and cannot drive....asking if you had a car. That made me snort. :laughing:

I was surprised by the Magic Kingdom bus depot comments, since the Disney resort busses have always had a direct route to the Magic Kingdom, at least as far as my first stay onsite at Port Orleans in 1992. I know that offsite hotels have to bus you to the TTC for transfers to the MK.

And I think the cast member at Pop Century was a bit slow on the uptake. First, for not recognizing a state ID is acceptable, and then after finding out that you're alone and cannot drive....asking if you had a car. That made me snort. :laughing:

In the summer of 1991, we stayed at the Carribean Beach Resort. In January 1997, we stayed at All-Star Sports. In September 2005, we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

It was always my experience that the Magic Kingdom buses went to the the Transportation and Ticket Center. However, I have always seen buses picking people up outside the Magic Kingdom, but November 2009 was the very first time that a Disney-owned bus has ever taken me directly to the Magic Kingdom, bypassing the Transportation and Ticket Center.

I understand the reasoning behind the business decision, but for this monorail addict, bypassing the Transportation and Ticket Center is a bummer. :)

I had a hard time not giggling at the car question. The cast member was very nice, but extremely focused on the process and routine questions.

I also enjoyed reading it. You not only write very well, it is very readable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter