• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another GRAND adventure..west coast style W/ PICS!! 11/29 DISNEYLAND! post 163/165

MA pigletfan

DIS Veteran
Hello there!!!
Thank you so much for joining me! I am thrilled to start this trip report for our very first trip out west to see the original house of mouse!

For those of you that don't know me, my name is Gina and I am going to So-Cal and Disneyland for the very first time with my fiance' Greg! ....and we leave THIS WEEK!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: Our total trip will be from October 3-12. We will be staying with friends in North Hollywood from the 3rd till the morning on the 8th and Disneyland is from the 4th-12 at the Grand Californian..:goodvibes .

Quick pic to show you who we are:
Picture116.jpg

this was taken back on June 5 when we got engaged :) ( you can see in my ticker we have our wedding planned for October 2009!!)

Neither of us have ever been to California nevermind Disneyland..so this is a big deal for us. We have made 2 WDW trips together the first in June 2007 and the last in December...here is the trip report from that trip:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1652419

and if you don't want to click on that, here are a few pics from that one, just for some Disney fun!!
DisneyDecember2007300.jpg

DisneyDecember2007248.jpg

DisneyDecember2007227.jpg

DisneyDecember2007119.jpg

ahhh..the Castle..:love: I can't wait to see the ORIGINAL!!!

So that is just a snapshot of us and some disney magic..so lets get to the goodstuff...the upcoming trip!

ITENERARY:
October 3rd...We fly out from Boston to Longbeach..arriving about 9 pm their time..our friends will pick us up and from the 3rd---8th we will do all sorts of So-Cal L.A. things ;)...I know we are hoping to hit up a studio tour of WB studios ( maybe we will catch Ellen Degneres bopping around or some other stars on the lot!). We are also hoping to do the "touristy" things like Rodeo Drive, Hollywood walk of fame etc as well as a day trip to San Diego where my friend Corrie's parents and sister live.
--SIDENOTE--
I have known Corrie since the 3rd grade and I had gone 10 long years without seeing her until I finally got to see her this past November when she visited the east coast with her bf Bobby. It was amazing seeing her again, and it really felt like no time had passed...and we are super happy to be able to see eachother again so soon. I have not seen her family, who I was very close to as well, in over 10 years so this will be like a big ole' reunion of sorts..WEST COAST STYLE ;)....OH and i have not told Corrie that Greg and I are engaged. I wanted to be able to tell her in person and ask her if she would do us the honor of doing a reading at the ceremony:goodvibes End side note--
DISNEYLAND ITENERARY:
Oct 8th...we are hoping to arrive as early as possible. knowing we won't be able to check in when we first get there we are planning on checking in to get our luggage stored and heading out to DL for our first glimpse of the original Magic...we do have dinner reservations that night at "Napa Rose" at our hotel, at 7:30..so that allows us to be in either park pretty late that night ( DL is opened till 8 pm that night and CA 6)
October 9--all we have planned in stone is lunch ressies at Blue Bayou. I was so excited to see that Fireworks are scheduled this night at DL..so we hope they won't be cancelled and we can check them out..just in case they get cancelled either of the next two nights because on ..
October 10th..we are going to the Halloween party !!!! I just love fall/halloween decorations so I am super psyched about checking out Mickey's TOT party. I have never been to the one in WDW but have heard many great things about it...I am sure we will have a blast at this one. We also have reservations for dinner at Yamabuki at the PPH at 5:30 before the party...mmmmm SUSHI! :love:
October 11th...our last full day/night :(..we have a 10:30 Goofys brunch ressie this day. I think we will use this day to just go back and do alot of favorites, catch anything we may have missed and just relax and have fun.
October 12th...check out day :(....HOWEVER, we will be able to hang out in the parks for a pretty good part of the day, we are taking the red eye home and really don't have to be a the airport until 6:30!!! Corrie is actually planning on meeting back up with us with some friends, sister and her brother ( if he is back from Iraq in time) to hang with us for a last hurrah in the happiest place on earth!! :) I'm thrilled that we will get to see her AGAIN in DL! :thumbsup2
So there you have it..I know its a super rough sketch..but we really want this trip to be as relaxing as it can be..and we def. want to spend time at our resort..there are many must do's/sees/eats that I have though...let me leave those for the next installment...

UP NEXT: Our vacation materials...our must sees/do's and of course EATS!!!

Gina, I'm so excited for you - Your first trip to DL! Looking forward to your report.

I am so excited for you. I look forward to reading the rest of your PTR. One thing that someone was saying recently is the difference in sizes of the castles. So don't be surprised but Sleeping Beauty's castle is smaller than Cinderella's. It should be great fun for you to visit with an old friend too.

Oh my gosh!

You are going to love the Grand Californian! :love:
It is amazing! I haven't "stayed" there but did the breakfast and took myself on a nice tour of it. It goes RIGHT into California Adventure :lovestruc

Congratulations on your engagement, Gina!
You make the cutest couple!

Your ADR's look great! Napa Rose is incredible and I love Blue Bayou. Nothing beats the atmosphere and the food is sooo good. The Pork Chops are my favorite! Good key lime pie too XD Yamabuki is sooo tasty. The sushi is really fresh. And Goofy's kitchen is our favorite breakfast! You made really good choices. I hope your first trip to California is great.

You'll be lucky enough to catch Haunted Mansion Holiday. It's my favorite thing to do all year! The detail is so amazing. I can't wait to hear more!

Whoo hooo!!!! I am so excited you finally started your TR!!! 'Bout time. ;)

I so wish I could be there to show you all around CA. Not in a weird stalker way, just because I grew up in CA and there is so much to see and do!

Since you are going to Hollywood do you think you'll stop by the Disney Soda Fountain? You can all get a Mickey's Masterpiece. :banana:

Your DL plans sound GREAT!! I hope you both have a marvelous time. Are you taking any tours?
Well, congrats on your engagement, you two make such a cute couple and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on everything. popcorn::

Gina, I'm so excited for you - Your first trip to DL! Looking forward to your report.
Thank you so much for checking it out :) I am so excited too!!!

I am so excited for you. I look forward to reading the rest of your PTR. One thing that someone was saying recently is the difference in sizes of the castles. So don't be surprised but Sleeping Beauty's castle is smaller than Cinderella's. It should be great fun for you to visit with an old friend too.
Yes! I have been warned not to have "size" shock :rolleyes1 when I see Sleeping Beauty's abode...I am sure I will still say " WOW..thats a cottage compared to Cindy's"..but the fact that it was the original will always make it so charming! :) Thanks for reading!

Oh my gosh!

You are going to love the Grand Californian! :love:
It is amazing! I haven't "stayed" there but did the breakfast and took myself on a nice tour of it. It goes RIGHT into California Adventure :lovestruc

Congratulations on your engagement, Gina!
You make the cutest couple!
heehee..thanks Wendy :) We try to be cute most of the time lol :lmao:
I am BEYOND psyched about the Grand Californian..we requested theme park view too...wheeeeee!!!!!! can't WAIT!

Your ADR's look great! Napa Rose is incredible and I love Blue Bayou. Nothing beats the atmosphere and the food is sooo good. The Pork Chops are my favorite! Good key lime pie too XD Yamabuki is sooo tasty. The sushi is really fresh. And Goofy's kitchen is our favorite breakfast! You made really good choices. I hope your first trip to California is great.

You'll be lucky enough to catch Haunted Mansion Holiday. It's my favorite thing to do all year! The detail is so amazing. I can't wait to hear more!
THanks for joining!
YAY! Glad you think the adr's sound ok! I really had to use advice from the Dis ( the best place for advice anyway! :thumbsup2 ) for all the restuarant choices..and the ones we decided to go with ( esp. blue bayou) seemed quite popular!
YAY for the HM overlay..I can't wait to see it. I just picked up "Nightmare Before Christmas" new release on DVD...Greg needs to watch it before we go so he can fully appreciate the mansion!

Whoo hooo!!!! I am so excited you finally started your TR!!! 'Bout time. ;)

I so wish I could be there to show you all around CA. Not in a weird stalker way, just because I grew up in CA and there is so much to see and do!

Since you are going to Hollywood do you think you'll stop by the Disney Soda Fountain? You can all get a Mickey's Masterpiece. :banana:

Your DL plans sound GREAT!! I hope you both have a marvelous time. Are you taking any tours?
Well, congrats on your engagement, you two make such a cute couple and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on everything. popcorn::
Thanks for the congrats..AND checking out my report..i just LOVE Yours! :)
awww..i wish you were there at the same time too!!! It would be WAY fun to have a tour by a Diser!!! But I am certainly up for any last minute advice or " GO HERE! Dont' go THERE!!!" that you have for me ;)
We are hoping to go to the Disney soda fountain area..if we don't stop in i think it would be a sin..but as far as Mickey's Masterpiece goes...well..the diet REALLLLLLY starts ( restarts, refreshes, play it again Sam??)..after vacay..so perhaps we will test that one out ;)

THanks for joining!
YAY! Glad you think the adr's sound ok! I really had to use advice from the Dis ( the best place for advice anyway! :thumbsup2 ) for all the restuarant choices..and the ones we decided to go with ( esp. blue bayou) seemed quite popular!
YAY for the HM overlay..I can't wait to see it. I just picked up "Nightmare Before Christmas" new release on DVD...Greg needs to watch it before we go so he can fully appreciate the mansion!

On the new DVD they include a walkthrough of the mansion when it's overlayed; it's so cool because now you can do it anytime you want! :rotfl: But there's a really cool feature on the DVD that talks about the designing for the Holiday theme - this is sort of a Disney secret but in the main dancing hall there is a gingerbread house that they do differently every year and it's actually made of real gingerbread!! This year's gingerbread house is AMAZING so keep your eyes peeled, you can't miss it!

hey, gina! i'm here. i can't wait to hear about DL! i want to take my child there one day. i want to wait until we have a kid though because i doubt we'll be able to go there often. WDW is so convenient for us (1 state away!) so i'm sure if we need a disney fix in the future it will be WDW. but i do want to experience DL one day to see where it all began!

Congratulations on your enagement! What a cute couple! It's so great to put a face to the name :thumbsup2

It sounds like you have a super extravagent and wonderful trip planned and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Melissa

On the new DVD they include a walkthrough of the mansion when it's overlayed; it's so cool because now you can do it anytime you want! :rotfl: But there's a really cool feature on the DVD that talks about the designing for the Holiday theme - this is sort of a Disney secret but in the main dancing hall there is a gingerbread house that they do differently every year and it's actually made of real gingerbread!! This year's gingerbread house is AMAZING so keep your eyes peeled, you can't miss it!

Darn! I think we bought our copy 2 yrs ago.. no extra overlay bonus stuff :guilty:

Ah well.. it's a great movie and a great overlay (Which I've been lucky enough to see twice). I definitely prefer it to the Pirates overlay (which, unfortunately, is not removed for part of the year).

AWESOME!!! I can't wait to watch it now! I haven't seen it in so long..now i am super excited for that extra..i love sneak peeks and " how did they do that?!" segments!! :thumbsup2

hey, gina! i'm here. i can't wait to hear about DL! i want to take my child there one day. i want to wait until we have a kid though because i doubt we'll be able to go there often. WDW is so convenient for us (1 state away!) so i'm sure if we need a disney fix in the future it will be WDW. but i do want to experience DL one day to see where it all began!
Yay!! HI dawn! I hear ya..I really didn't think that we would be going to DL for a long time ourselves, but with the fact that my friend Corrie is out there as well sweetened the west coast idea for us...I am so excited to go and share it with you here :)
Congratulations on your enagement! What a cute couple! It's so great to put a face to the name :thumbsup2

It sounds like you have a super extravagent and wonderful trip planned and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Melissa

Thanks!!! We are so excited about our trip..I can't believe its THIS FRIDAY!!! I don't know if its "super extravagent" but I do know we are going to try and do as much fun stuff as we can...with this economy we probably should have just stayed home...but we can't bail on Mickey! ;) :lmao:

OH SIDENOTE---- I drove by our florists place this morning..AND IT WAS COMPLETELY EMPTY WITH A "FOR LEASE" SIGN OUT FRONT!!! :confused: :scared1: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily we have not put a deposit down or anything, and Greg is going to call today to see if they just relocated or something...who knows..all i know is i better get over to another place ASAP if she is really gone! Wedding drama..gotta love it ;)

Thanks!!! We are so excited about our trip..I can't believe its THIS FRIDAY!!! I don't know if its "super extravagent" but I do know we are going to try and do as much fun stuff as we can...with this economy we probably should have just stayed home...but we can't bail on Mickey! ;) :lmao:

OH SIDENOTE---- I drove by our florists place this morning..AND IT WAS COMPLETELY EMPTY WITH A "FOR LEASE" SIGN OUT FRONT!!! :confused: :scared1: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily we have not put a deposit down or anything, and Greg is going to call today to see if they just relocated or something...who knows..all i know is i better get over to another place ASAP if she is really gone! Wedding drama..gotta love it ;)
We should probably just be staying home too. But since our APs are expiring, I just had to get one more trip in. At least we aren't being totally foolish and trying to renew SIX annual passes. Yikes!!

That sucks about your florist. Wow, scary too!! I'm so glad you didn't put down any money. Geez, businesses are closing like crazy lately. :sad2: Let us know what happens.

We should probably just be staying home too. But since our APs are expiring, I just had to get one more trip in. At least we aren't being totally foolish and trying to renew SIX annual passes. Yikes!!

That sucks about your florist. Wow, scary too!! I'm so glad you didn't put down any money. Geez, businesses are closing like crazy lately. :sad2: Let us know what happens.

UPDATE on the florist ( thanks for your concern Beth :) )...greg called her and she said she just moved locations..i still need to call her for myself and find out more info..if she is just working out of her house now i might have some second thoughts...not that there is anything wrong with that..but i just worry about storing all the vessels i am going to pick up for her to use..etc...but at least she is not 'closed-Closed'...i'll keep you posted!

UPDATE on the florist ( thanks for your concern Beth :) )...greg called her and she said she just moved locations..i still need to call her for myself and find out more info..if she is just working out of her house now i might have some second thoughts...not that there is anything wrong with that..but i just worry about storing all the vessels i am going to pick up for her to use..etc...but at least she is not 'closed-Closed'...i'll keep you posted!
Well at least it's nice to know she didn't just pack up and close down. But I can understand your hesitancy. Good luck. LOL Weddings and all their drama, eh??!! ;) But it's so worth it. :goodvibes

Joining in! :goodvibes My DH and I took a trip out west not too long ago and LOVED it! Can't wait to hear what you think! :thumbsup2

UPDATE TIME!!!!
I wanted to share the fun travel docs/stuffs that was sent to us from AAA for our trip...

Check out the super cute envelope our tickets/vouchers came in:
DSCN2053.jpg

so fun!

horrible pic of me holding some fun travel coupons from AAA
DSCN2054.jpg

The "dream coin" :goodvibes
DSCN2059.jpg
DSCN2060.jpg

DSCN2064.jpg

luggage tag!
DSCN2068.jpg

our actual park tickets..i thought that was weird how they are seperate from your room key like at WDW..but oh well..they are cute..I am DEFINITELY using the snow white one..I dont' think Greg will be jealous ;)

DSCN2070.jpg

How old school is this envelope!?? This was directly from Disneyland..it held our tickets to MTOT party!!! wheeee!!!!
DSCN2071.jpg

THe actual TOT party tickets..i was hoping they would be "halloweeny" but I understand they just make a bunch o' tickets for all the events they have and print the event titles and dates on the back...even Mickey is hurting in this economy! ;) :lmao:

bonus pic
DSCN2074.jpg

hahah...thats just Greg and I at the wedding we went to this past weekend :)

I will be back soon with a list of my " NEED TO DO's, Sees and EATS!"..and i am open for many suggestions!
:goodvibes

Hi Gina. :wave2:

I'm joining in for your grand adventure. Someday I would like to travel out west and of course make a stop at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter