Another Ebay Question! Need help quick!

EsmeraldaX

DIS Veteran
Does anyone here sell on Ebay to international buyers?

My dillemma is this. I have a really nice person in Austrailia who wants my Toy Story globe. Right now, bidding is up to $76 and there are still days to go.

I am so hesitant to ship overseas due to customs and shipping woes. I know it's going to cost a fortune to ship overseas. I am charging shipping of $11 here (I suspect it may actually turn out to be more than that though).

I have had problems before shipping to Canada and Japan. And those were for easily shipped/non fragile items.

Can anyone give me any insight at all?

I responded to the bidders email and tried to be as honest as I could with her about what I was worried about.

I would require them to purchase Air Parcel Post which can be insured and require the insurance. Pack well and the amount you put on the customs form would be the bid price (dont include the shipping)

You can get a good idea by weighing the package and checking the post office website for the postage amount. Make sure to add a little extra for the bubble wrap etc. you will need for this to make it overseas but going Air and packed well you should be ok. I would use bubble wrap and double box it

As I said require it to be Air Parcel Post and require the insurance.

Shipping international is not a big deal. We do it all the time.

If you still have several days to go, can you calculate what shipping would be? You can go to www.usps.com and follow the instructions there for shipping calculations. I'll ship to anybody in the world who wants my stuff, but the one time I shipped to Australia it was a small item and I sent it Global Priority. A friend shipped to Australia by surface mail and it took several weeks to make the journey.

I ship international all the time. I have been selling on ebay starting in 98.
I have never had a problem with aust. , a few southeast asian countries but that is it.

because it is a fraigle item , require that it be shipped with insurance. If it was me I would ship it express mail because it can be tracked and insurance is included. just email them the quote with a statement like "I would be glad to ship overseas but I will only ship insured express mail thank you for considering my item" ect..
oh and make sure to add a halding charge for supplies and just incase you undercharged a bit(a cushion )

Ivy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter