• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Another Curves member here!

lisajl

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I just joined curves this morning. I will have my first workout on Friday. Just could not do it this morning.

I am really looking forward to losing this weight.

I just went up to 163 and have never been this big.
I think that number just made me join.

Seems like the women in there at 9 am were happy to be there!

It sure looks like fun!

Lisajl

Good for you! There isn't a curves in my little town or I would check it out. I hope you enjoy it.

GO LISA!!

Congratulations - you've taken the first step. I joined in October and it's the quickest workout in what I think is the best environment for making it a habit! Now if I could put down the potato chips . . . I workout in the morning and it really helps my energy level throughout the day. I think you'll really like it.

Enjoy!
Kathy

Good for you Lisa!

I asked in a previous thread if you had joined, but I hadn't read this one yet! So ignore my question in the other thread if you read it!

I hope you have a great workout on Friday!!!! :) It seems like Curves is a very gentle way to get in shape!!!! :) Have fun!!!

Congratulations on joining Curves. You will love it. I joined back in September and still go. 30 minutes of exercise goes so quick you are done before you realize it.

:D

That is what I thought...30 min. quick.. and on my way.

Have you noticed a change already? How long did it take before you saw results?
Thanks..
Lisa

Yay you! :) I joined last month and really like it. In fact, I'm waiting for DH to get home so I can go tonight. ( I try to go two mornings and one night...I'd like to work up to 4x a week, but right now it's tough to get there 3x with child care arrangements. I really like it! (oh, I already said that! :)

Jill

I probably noticed results in the first month. I felt a difference in my clothes after a few months and am now starting to feel my stomach muscles and post baby (DD is 8) symptoms are finally going away.

I am now in the toning stage. I haven't gotten measured in a while. Every time I have wanted to get measured there are people ahead of me and I don't have the time to wait. Maybe tomorrow I will see how the results are going but I do feel it.

They use to post people's results and alot of people had huge losses posted each time they got measured.

Just remember everyone gets different results.:D

Have a great time at Curves. I'll be there tomorrow night.:D

Cthia,
Thanks for the post. I am really looking forward to getting in shape.

I look at myself and think, "How did I let myself get this way?"

But, after three kids, hypothyroidism and no exercise program, I should have know better.

Here's to everyone feeling better and losing weight!

Lisajl

I have an appointment for a tour on Monday and I'm really excited! I have talked to so many people who really like this program. I like the idea of it being all women.

Mermaid02

I go to my first workout at 9:00 this morning, so I will let you know how it goes.

I must tell you it sure looked the women in there on Wed. were having fun.

A few of them were busdrivers. They drop off the kids and then head over to workout.

Lisa

I had forgotten how good it feels to work out.

When I got home I started cleaning!

I spoke to a few of the ladies in there this morning. One I spoke to has been going for 2 months and saw results after a month.

Hopefully, in a month I will too!

If anyone is hesitating to join my advice, go in a try it out.

I had a good time this morning and I think I will be able to lose this weight.

Lisajl:

Thanks for the information about loss results from Curves. I have been a member since last July but just started back two weeks ago. I have been on Weight Watchers online three weeks and going to Curves 4 days a week for two weeks. I can't wait till I see results.

I was alittle depressed because I lost 5lbs the first week 3 the second week and it doesn't look like I will lose more than 1lb this week. I really thought since I had worked out so hard and been watching my points with weight watchers that the pounds would just melt away.

Maybe in another two weeks I might start to see a difference.

Lyn :D

Hi, Lisa.

Glad that you enjoyed the workout. I joined with my daughter just a week ago. We went 5 time in 8 days and enjoyed it. I was hesitant at first because I have asthma, but I am happy to report that I only had some cough and chest wall pain. My pulmonologist said "Keep Going!"

I hope to see some results the first month as well. I know everyone who goes always seems to enjoy being there and it goes by so fast.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter