Another christmas punch question :

terri01p

DIS Veteran
Ok, I know that this has probably been asked already but I can't seem to find anything on this, does anyone have a recipe for a good christmas punch, I try my hand at it every year and every year at the end of the party there is plenty of punch left, even tryed to give the leftovers to my mil last year and she just said " bless your heart", so I guess it's time to try something new. Thank you !

What sort of a group are you making the punch for? Does it need to be for all ages - therefore no "punch" to the punch? Or is it for adults? Morning, afternoon, evening?

One thing I've found over the years is that punch can actually be problematic to serve to a large group. The main reason being that most punches are really high in sugar/carbohydrates. So many people for so many reasons are trying to avoid or be very careful of those culprits. The other thing is that even those that aren't or set those usual dietary concerns aside for the holidays don't like the super sweet taste of most punches.

Is a Christmas Punch a "requirement" or could you break the mold and do something else? The last time I had a large group - family and friends so it was casual - I placed a selection of bottled water, diet and regular soda into a cooler and let people help themselves.

But if punch is required try searching on the food network site. I also have one that is a pineapple base I used for DS's Court of Honor in the Spring. It is pretty good - I'll have to dig the recipe up at home though so let me know if you'd like that.

Deb

Well we were thinking also of the idea of setting drinks in a cooler, and letting people just get what they want so I might just do that, thanks for your reply.

What about a eggnog punch? It is made with icecream and eggnog and liqour which you can eliminate for the kiddies.

I also make a Itialian punch. Made with Cran-rasberry and amaretta and 7up. For highr octance you can add baquardi limone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter