• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another car hire question

Ann B

Mouseketeer
Hi

I had booked my car for next July with Yes Car Hire which has gone out of business. Luckily I had not paid anything yet so I now have to rebook with someone else.

I am thinking about an 'intermediate sport utility', which is something like a Rav4 or a chevrolet equinox, but I am a bit worried about whether there will be enough luggage space. There are 4 of us and we usually take 4 med/large cases. We don't mind being squashed a bit on the journey to/from the airport - it's only 30 mins! Has anyone had either of these cars - what did you think?

We have found some similar prices but not sure which to go for:
usrentacar.co.uk using Alamo £416.
netflights.com/carhire using Dollar £417
carhireflorida.net using Alamo £412

Does anyone have any suggestions or pro/cons of using any of these companies? Have never booked like this before have always used Virgin packages and taken their car hire so a bit unsure about what is best.

Thanks in advance

Ann

we use usrentacar and book the dollar intermediate 4x4, there is two of us and this year we had a kia sportage and there is no way you would get 4 cases in the boot, we struggled with our large one and medium one

This year we are going to be 2 adults and 2 9 months olds and I'm going for the next 4x4 up so the standard one as I'm hoping it will have more room

Last year we booked the intermediate 4x4 through usrentacar and dollar and we got a 7 seater 4x4 so it all depends on what they have on the day i guess

Have no problems with usrentacar and have found them very helpful with any questions we have, just waiting on them to agree a deal with dollar for next sept and will be booking again

We got a Hyundai Santa Fe in that catagory from Dollar. 3 of us and only 3 cases. 4 cases might have been a struggle but like you say its only 30 mins to and from airport.

They have such a massive variety of cars you can't possibly know what you will get.

Also a pic of same cat we hired in Vegas from Dollar. Dodge Nitro

Last Pic is 7 seater minivan, might be better for you.

P1020493Medium.jpg

IMG_5432.jpg

DSC00338Medium.jpg

We have just booked ours with Alamo direct, they gave us a great price on their website, have you tried searching through the companies direct?
We were going to go through Net Flights but for some reason DH didn't in the end. :)

Thanks for your replies. Think I will go for something larger - perhaps the 7 seater minivan. Is there any reason to choose dollar over budget? Budget is coming out the cheapest with usrentacar.

Thanks for your replies. Think I will go for something larger - perhaps the 7 seater minivan. Is there any reason to choose dollar over budget? Budget is coming out the cheapest with usrentacar.

I have rented 20+ times with Dollar, had great service from them, even better since joining Express, no pressure, free upgrades and best of all bypass the lines.
Last year because of increase in Dollar's rates I tried Budget. Used their Pre-reg service so again bypass lines, no pressure, keys waiting and no problems. Done another 3 rentals with Budget since twice had to go back and ask for different cars, once he said I had been given wrong car(booked intermediate with free upgrade to Full size) it was a PT cruiser. Other time was this August again inter free upgrade to Full got a HHR, I believe is Inter but wasn't sure. DS is almost 6`3" no chance of fitting in back, went back in and she looked and found us another which was OK but she didn't really want to be bothered looking.
Last rental was after cruise at Port Canaveral, they didn't have SUV I wanted so had to take 7 seater minibus, no water in washers, after driving off realised it hadn't been cleaned.
So 20+ almost perfect Dollar rentals all almost new & low milage(under 10k), 3 adequate + 1 not good from Budget, all quite a few miles on clock(15-25k). Unless there is a massive difference in price next year I am back to Dollar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter