Another Birth Certificate Question (where do you get an official copy?)

My friend that is cruising with me needs to get a copy of her birth certificate that has the raised seal on it. All she has is a laminated card type birth certificate at the moment and we know that will not suffice. We were wondering where she can get the appropriate copy.

Thanks for your help! :)

This is what I did. Go to Yahoo and type in (your state)+vital+records. This should give you the right website. It will be a government site. Hope this helps!!!

The cheapest way to get the birth certificate is to contact the county where she was born (County Registrar Office) and they will send you a form to get the certificate or go to your states government website and sometimes you can download the form. It usually will only take a couple of weeks to get it and it will probably cost less than $15. Good luck... Marilyn

The birth certificate will come from the registrar of the state where she was born. THere is a form to be filled out and a fee to be sent.

The exact format of the certificate will be whatever is currently being issued by that state...raised seal, holographic seal, or whatever.

Is you friend sure that the laminated card isn't the legal, certified certificate? Read it carefully! It might be what she needs.

We're pretty sure it's not because we are the same age and were born in the same state and mine is an official piece of parchment paper with a raised seal at the bottom...

Hi,
It doesn't matter how old you are (same age/etc)- it only matters when you got it. I got my birth certificate many years ago and it was paper. I got my children's recently (because I needed to enroll my son in K and needed it- couldn't find it, got new ones for all since I couldn't find all 3- then found them after that... ofcourse LOL) and because they were small laminated card types- I got mine AGAIN and it's the same way now! Laminated card types! So apparently they changed from paper to the card types.
All 4 of them have the raised seal- it's under the lamination but it can be clearly seen.... so check hers to make sure- if she got it from the registrar/courthouse then most likely it is official with raised seal- even if it's a laminated card type. It doesn't have to be paper to have the raised seal. :)

I guess that makes sense, I've had mine since I was born, I don't know when she got hers. She said there was no seal on it but I'll tell her to look again. She would be totally happy if this were the correct one and she didn't have to spend money on a new one.

Thanks for the link, Tony!

we are from Pennsylvania and our State Dept of Vital Stats has a web site and you can order a copy of your BC on line.

You need special identifiers, to successfully order the certificate, but this was a hassle free for us to get official copies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter