• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another AP Question

abby

Abby's Mom
We are going in december and I am buying annual passes for DD and I (great AP rate on the hotel) If I buy them now on line, what happens if for some reason we have to cancel our trip and reschedule next year? I would like to purchase in advance and get the points on my disney visa. (that's a whole other questions on my visa and redeeming my points.....)

i believe your voucher is good til the end of the year when you purchase online. i believe if you don't use it by then, you would have to pay the difference is there is a price change from when you purchased them online to when you actually go to redeem them.

I hope it is ok for me to jump on her and ask another AP question.
if we buy 5 day passes and upgrade the last day of the 5 day pass but do not use the ap till we go in Dec will the annual pass start date when we upgraded or when we go back ?

I hope that makes sense.

The AP pass would start at the time you first activate your 5 day parkhopper

abby, I wonder if you would be a good candidate for trip insurance, if you are already wondering that strongly if you'll have to cancel?

Blueberrystamps, we just upgraded to APs from 5 day hoppers, and it felt MUCH better to upgrade towards the beginning of the trip, rather than at the end. First, it felt like we were USING the APs. Second, you get discounts on food (10% for the deluxe AP). Third, you know for sure that you have the money to upgrade, LOL.

If you're not staying onsite, you would definitely want to use the EE from your ticket (unless you bought the Gay Days tickets which I hear did not have EE on them?). If you ARE staying onsite though, you get EE each day of your visit that it's offered, so that's not a reason to hang on to the hoppers.

Really, except for EE for those who are offsite, there's no reason to hold on to the hoppers to the end. Also, you get your picture taken before getting sunburned (or gaining 5 pounds from all the food!)! :rotfl:

I agree, upgrade as soon as you use your EE.

We had to wait...we had 2 EE on our tickets that we wanted to use before upgrading. We could have saved a lot of money on food (character breakfast alone!) if we had our AP's in advance.

Nice thing for us though, they increased the price the day we upgraded. Since we had used our tickets during the week, and the AP's are backdated, we got to pay the lower price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter