Another 3/4 Eastern Trip Report - 1

drise

Mouseketeer
I started this trip the week prior driving to WDW with my ds3 and parents. My sister and niece from CA met us at OKW for the week. Then my dh and ds7 flew from Philly to MCO on Fri. night. We stayed at the Radisson in a 2K bed suite-very nice. It was tight with 6 of us (sister flew home) but we managed for one night. We booked the shuttle at 10. We went to the lobby at 9:30 and left at 9:40 we were at the port at 9:50. We had to wait until 10 for them to take our luggage at the ship. Actually my dh waited the rest of went into the terminal. I think we were the 1st ones there we had cat. 2 and were the 1st to check at the CC line. We had the kids wristbands by 10:20 and waited to board. We were called cat 1 and 2 together at 11:45. We had our picture taken and were announced in the lobby. I headed to Rockin Bar D to change Palo ressies, made brunch on Mon. and dinner on Thur. I joined everyone at Topsiders for lunch. It was extremely windy, the kids swam anyway. The Mickey pool is heated I think 1 ear is a hot tub. My parents were windblown and went inside. We checked our cabins at 1:30 they were ready and luggage arrived within the hour. We had muster at 4:00 and then the sailaway party at 4:30. We changed for dinner at 5:45. We missed the Welcome Aboard show last year-too hectic getting settled. So we definitely wanted to see it, very good. I was surprised they still had Freddy Fusion but he is funny my ds7 loves him. The juggler was ok. Rachel, the cruise director was hosting the show and came down in the audience to talk to someone, she picked ds7, Devin, he loved her for the rest of the cruise. We were in bed at 9:30 very tired from a long and exciting day.

Sunday-At Sea
Up at 7:30 Set clocks ahead 1 hour. Topsiders for breakfast, still windy. Took kids to clubs at 10. We went to a DVC owners presentation. They gave out free hats, lanyards, and luggage tags. They also did trivia for other prizes. Anyone want to sell that beach towel? I stopped at the ships store to brouse and found a clearance section!! I bought sweat pants, shorts, 2 long sleeve shirts and windbreaker for dh, all 1/2 price!! I love bargains. We went for the kids to have lunch and swim-very crowded. Back to clubs at 2. We went to adult pool and dh was coerced into playing games by the promise of a free drink. The men actually did a very presentable synchronized swim exhibition. They all won and were given a medal. The CM said the Free Drink was aft deck 9 all the soda, tea, and coffee they wanted. We thought that was cheeszy. Picked up kids at 3:30 to try Ocean Quest Simulator on deck 2. There's certain family times alotted, there's alot to do in this room. I went to get ready for formal night and ordered cheese platter (love room service). Dh brought boys back at 4:30 and we rushed to be ready at 5 for Captains Cocktail party and pictures. We had 2 backgrounds taken and then went to dinner at 5:45 in Lumiere's. We were not overly impressed with our servers, Tibor and Naziim. Every night we had to ask for a booster for ds3. We had to ask for white not choc. milk for the kids. We made a suggestion to wait staff and head waiter why not give the kids teaspoons for eating mac and cheese, soup ect. instead of those giant tablespoons??? We had to ask our servers for a teaspoon every meal as well. The shows were great, Freddy Fushion and 7:30 and Golden Mickey's at 8:30. Again retired early and exhausted. Unfortunately our cabin was noisy. 2614 aft deck 2. At 3 am we'd here banging and noise, we were under the Parrot Cay galley, but I don't know what they were doing at that time. My parents in 2612 also were awakened. We called guest services several times and they suggested ear plugs, possibly move us to cabins forward ( I was certainly not packing up and moving everything now that I was settled), and told us to call again. We did but no resolution. Last year we were on port side, cabin 2021 ( I think) and it was very quiet. Another FYI; when I booked, my family of 4 was in 2612 but there was no steamer trunk so we switched with my parents in 2614 which had one, just nice for more storage. I think I'll stop and post more tomorrow.

Was your DS Devin the one Michael Harrison used as a puppet?? If so, you were in front of us at that show, and your DH gave us glow sticks at the pirate party!!

Yes, that's Devin! He loved to sit in the front row for all the shows. Michael Harrison picked him twice, after the 1st time I thought he'd remember him and not pick him. He had a blast. And, yes we always travel with glow sticks. Dh buys them in bulk on ebay and we take them to WDW, glad we could share with you.

How cool! So I actually (sorta) met someone from this board! Were you able to exchange the Michael Harrison DVD (I also saw you in the gift shop asking about whether you could exchange the one you bought after Devin rec'd one from Michael that nite). And we saw both of Devin's on stage performances!

My kids were thrilled with the glow sticks so thanks again!!

How cool! So I actually (sorta) met someone from this board! Were you able to exchange the Michael Harrison DVD (I also saw you in the gift shop asking about whether you could exchange the one you bought after Devin rec'd one from Michael that nite). And we saw both of Devin's on stage performances!

My kids were thrilled with the glow sticks so thanks again!!

Yes, my mom had bought him MH dvd which cost $30. and a magic trick for $15. So I told her to take it back and they did, she bought liquor instead. Was this your 1st cruise? Have you heard what exactly happened to the person we stopped in San Juan for, the medical emergency. We heard some rumours but curious as to what it was.

A woman sitting next to me at a show said a woman fell down the stairs while we were docked at St.Thomas.

She said she seemed fine....and then later when they took her off she walked off and didn't seem "life or death": which is what we were told.

This lady theorized that the woman wanted to be taken to a hospital in Puerto rico, vs St.thomas.

THe woman who told me this seemed a bit peeved...but to be honest...who knows what really happened.

I think everything worked out fine...we still had a great day on CC.

THe thing I have been wondering about was the man who collapsed before we left.

My boys and I were going up the stairs midship when we came upon a horrible scene. A man (40's) was collapsed outside an elavator, and his wife was screaming for a difibulator (SP?), while the daughter was screaming. It was awful. I made the boys keep going up the stairs, but you could here the screaming all the way up to deck 9. I was really shook up.

Then we heard an anouncement "star alert deck 6" or something like that. It was upsetting...I guess it is good we were still in port....

ANyway, that family has been on my mind....
Sandi

I was on the same cruise! And although we will never know all the details... I struck up a conversation with another woman I met on the ship who turned out to be a part-time CM at WDW - anyway, she told me that the woman who fell down the stairs was a young woman traveling alone with her two young children and that she had suffered a stroke :sad2: she went on to tell me that *three* disney employees (one of which was a kids club member) got off the ship in san juan with the woman to take care of the children while she was being cared for... I thought that was amazing. Anyway ~ just wanted to chime in and add what I had heard. It's awful to hear something so awful and even though the people are total strangers, we're concerned. I hope everything turned out okay. :wizard:

I heard the fell-down-the-steps story. My parents were on deck when we docked in San Juan and saw the woman get off, saw her kiss her kids and couldn't figure out who was with the kids.

I heard also that she fell down. I saw them get off the ship in San Juan. She was sitting up on a stretcher with a baseball cap on. There were 2 younger girls (10, 12?) and 2 or 3 other adults. Couldn't tell if they were officials or companions. They took her away in an ambulance. I didn't here about the man collapsing before we left port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter