Annual passes

ZenDaisy

Earning My Ears
Is Disney ever flexible when it comes to granting residency requirements of annual passes? We're closing on a house in FL next month but technically don't own it yet, just under contract. In the meantime, we're staying in a vacation home five minutes from the parks. We hear the fireworks and everything. The kids are going nuts asking when we'll be able to go. Our old house out-of-state sold so technically we're not really residents of any state, I guess? I know if you have a rental contract you can use that to establish residency, but here we don't have an official rental contract exactly, as we're only staying in it for about a month... it's sort of like an AirBNB.

Any chance we might be able to get someone to do a FL pass? Or maybe if I get the month-by-month pay option, I can switch to the FL residency after we move? We have five people in our family that need tickets right now, so the cost savings would definitely add up!!

Is Disney ever flexible when it comes to granting residency requirements of annual passes? We're closing on a house in FL next month but technically don't own it yet, just under contract. In the meantime, we're staying in a vacation home five minutes from the parks. We hear the fireworks and everything. The kids are going nuts asking when we'll be able to go. Our old house out-of-state sold so technically we're not really residents of any state, I guess? I know if you have a rental contract you can use that to establish residency, but here we don't have an official rental contract exactly, as we're only staying in it for about a month... it's sort of like an AirBNB.

Any chance we might be able to get someone to do a FL pass? Or maybe if I get the month-by-month pay option, I can switch to the FL residency after we move? We have five people in our family that need tickets right now, so the cost savings would definitely add up!!
There is no month-to-month payment plan for non-residents, so buying a regular AP now and switching later won't work.

AFAIK there are only a handful of acceptable documents that can be used to show proof of FL residency. From the Disney website (which I'm sure you already checked):
Florida Resident Tickets:
Proof of a Florida residential address is required. For each ticket purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:

• Valid Florida Drivers License (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida State-issued ID Card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following, dated within the past two (2) months evidencing a Florida residential address together with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage
Monthly mortgage statement not older than two (2) months old
Deeds, Mortgage Contracts, Mortgage Payment Booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration
Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
Current Utility bill (Power / Phone / Cable / Water)
Bills can be no more than two (2) months old (PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency).

Mail
Mail from financial institutions; including checking, savings or investment account statements
Mail from Federal, State, County or City government agencies
Mail can be no more than two (2) months old (PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)

One form of Florida residency validation as listed above is required. Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.
Anything other than that and you're out of luck. A CM could lose their job bending the rules for you. It's only a month until you close on your new place. Take the kids to dinner at one of the near-park resorts and watch the fireworks from there some night. Look up some of the free/cheap stuff that you can do at the resorts and take advantage of them. Do an afternoon at Disney Springs. Maybe try a few lines of bowling at Splitsville. The time will go quickly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter