Annual Passes, wait times to expect?

mika911

DIS Veteran
We plan to get some annual passes when we visit late in the month.

I suppose the buying phase at the ticket booth is straight forward. However, how long of a wait can we expect at the passport center near Discovery land? Not so bad? Also, do you need to take a waiting ticket for each person, or just one for a group?

Would you recommend that passport center, or the guest services near the Studios park?

Many thanks!!!

We used the passport office at the Studios 2 weeks ago. We were approximately 5th group in line first thing in the morning and had a wait of 2 hours:scared1:

I found the wait time shorter in the office by discoveryland when we originally bought our passes.

We got ours last week in Discoveryland, was a Wed and about 10.30 - we walked straight in, no queue and were out in about 20 mins.

Maybe because the free U7 has finished and with the reduced benefits not many people getting them now???:confused3 Mind you when we got ours last August it was no more than a 20-30 min wait then either.

We got ours Tuesday last week at 4pm at discoveryland and no wait.

Thanks. Sounds like I'll stick with discovery land.

Is the form not too hard to fill out and things? I sure hate to get my picture taken, but oh well. :)

No - not too hard - we just had do give our address, birthday, e-mail and that's it! And all persons I know - me included - hate their picture :crazy:

Thanks. Sounds like I'll stick with discovery land.

Is the form not too hard to fill out and things? I sure hate to get my picture taken, but oh well. :)

They do it all for you - they just ask you the questions and then type into their computer, so no form filling, don't forget your ID though.:thumbsup2 As for the photo the camera is just the pc type, so they just randomly held it near to you and take one, so wasn't too painful:rotfl2:

Is passport the ID you can use? Just wondering since it doesn't have an address, but it works?

Your passport is fine as proof of ID for your AP :).

Many thanks

Decided to go with all on site hotels, so I guess I won't need an annual now.

However, I wonder if in a week I could make up the cost of the medium price pass? I guess it's possible with 10 percent food and 10 percent merchandise savings, but perhaps I should save the hassle since I won't be back (almost certainly) in 12 months so coming out "even," would really end up just being the work and the hassle of showing it all the time.

Might need one in the future though, so the information is invaluable to me!

If you want the discounts an annual pass can bring you, but you're staying onsite with tickets included in your hotel, you might want to consider buying 20 euro disney shares instead. This costs around £70 at the moment (so cheaper than any annual pass) and joining the shareholders club is free with this amount of shares, and gives you 15% discount on shopping, and the same on table service meals (not counter service though).

You can sort our your shares and your shareholder club application before you arrive at DLRP, so you can use your discount straightaway. And, if you decide to buy annual passes, you get a discount on the price of those too if you are a shareholder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter