Annual Passes at Universal are 18 months

Mrs.Milo

DIS Veteran
Universal Studios is advertising locally that any of their current Annual Passes are 18 months for the price of 12. Has anyone seen this?

Think there's a chance that now Disney will come out with a special Annual Pass price?

Think there's a chance that now Disney will come out with a special Annual Pass price?
No. We are now in the range where any AP might possibly include the Star Wars opening. I can't imagine that they will be discounted further.

It's for Florida Residents ONLY. The promotion is for an additional 3 or 6 months depending on pass level and requires use of FlexPay (monthly payments).

No.

It's not just florida residents or for paying with Flexpay, we are in MA and got the promotional extra months buying them outright. I also know people who bought their Universal tickets under the 2 days + 2 days free promo and then bridged them to an AP while at the park, also getting the promo months.

It is definitely in anticipation of SW:GE opening, they were smart to lock people in to the idea of being able to go to Universal anytime....if someone was planning a trip for SW:GE and has AN's at Universal, why not bounce up there for a day or two while you're in the area?

It sounds like a desperation move by Universal to me.

Volcano Bay opened, and Disney offered their most loyal group (we DVC members) the Platinum Plus at the Gold AP price since it is the only pass that included water parks. I'll admit, their plan worked on me. I went to TL and BB multiple times over the summer, instead of spending $ at Volcano Bay (which, I still do want to try cause it looks awesome). I stayed loyal to the mouse.

Now it's the other way around. Disney is opening their big expansion, and Universal is offering an upgrade to THEIR most loyal group (current UO passholders). From what I see the extra 3-6 months are only offered on renewals.

It's not desperation. It's a game of chess and when one makes a strategic move so to does the other.

Now it's the other way around. Disney is opening their big expansion, and Universal is offering an upgrade to THEIR most loyal group (current UO passholders). what I see the extra 3-6 months are only offered on renewals.

It's not desperation. It's a game of chess and when one makes a strategic move so to does the other.

Nope it's to all people purchasing AP's. We never owned Universal AP's before now and got the promotion.

Nope it's to all people purchasing AP's. We never owned Universal AP's before now and got the promotion.

That would make sense. A quick glance at the UO Annual Pass page I would have expected to see some kind of banner ad announcing the extra months, but didn't.

This seems like a good deal if visiting twice over 18 months. I've never been to UO, but been to WDW many times. We are planning our first UO trip in June of this year, and we go to WDW twice a year, so we could stop at UO another time or 2. We are considering the preferred pass (which is their 3rd tier) because it comes with 18 months, and because it comes with Park-To-Park Admission (I would need this in order to ride the Hogwarts express train, right?). The 18 months would fully cover 2 summers (and we have off over the summer). The only reason I'm even hesitating is that we have never been there before, so it seems reckless to buy an AP for a place we don't even know we will like. But we are big Harry Potter fans, (and love WDW), so I think we will enjoy it!

This seems like a good deal if visiting twice over 18 months. I've never been to UO, but been to WDW many times. We are planning our first UO trip in June of this year, and we go to WDW twice a year, so we could stop at UO another time or 2. We are considering the preferred pass (which is their 3rd tier) because it comes with 18 months, and because it comes with Park-To-Park Admission (I would need this in order to ride the Hogwarts express train, right?). The 18 months would fully cover 2 summers (and we have off over the summer). The only reason I'm even hesitating is that we have never been there before, so it seems reckless to buy an AP for a place we don't even know we will like. But we are big Harry Potter fans, (and love WDW), so I think we will enjoy it!

Yes you need the park to park pass for the Hogwarts Express and if you enjoy thrill rides and Harry Potter I think you'll really like USO.

The promotion is only good until April 4, so just make sure you'd buy AP's before then!

We decided to take the plunge for the same reason - even sight unseen my kids are Potter fans and would love that whole experience. All of the passes are Park 2 Park, the 2 lower tier just have blackout dates. We tend to travel in off seasons due to cost so the blackout dates don't hit us much.

Can you buy this US pass and not activate for a while? We have WDW APs good through Oct 2019 and then would want to activate US in Dec 2019.

Can you buy this US pass and not activate for a while? We have WDW APs good through Oct 2019 and then would want to activate US in Dec 2019.

I don't believe so - the page at the US website says "purchase and activate by April 4, 2019"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter