Annual Passes and Staying at WDW

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
Now please can you all help me here coz I'm a little confused:confused:

This year we booked a package holiday with BA and were told that we had to have the Ultimate Hopper passes to cover every day that we stayed at the hotel.

Since then I have looked in other travel brochures and see that you also have to buy your ultimate Hopper passes if you book package e.g. Walt Dinsey World Travel Company, BA, Virgin.

However I do notice that alot of people on these boards stay on site but also have Annual Passes.

If I book the hotels, flights etc separately i.e. don't go package, when I make reservations for the hotels on-site do I have to buy and Ultimate Hopper Pass?

Sorry I know that was long winded but I wanted to check.

Ta ever so

Some travel operators insist on you buying the Ultimate Passes for the duration of your stay at a WDW resort, but this is not a Disney requirement.

If you book a DIY package you can make a room-only reservation and buy whatever admissions media you choose. If you do decide that an annual pass is right for you don't forget that you might be able to get significant discount (up to 40% in some cases) on the cost of your WDW hotel accommodation.

Regards

Rob

Thanks Rob

So anyone....

Does that mean I get 40% off the room rate (where applicable) because I would be an Annual Pass Holder?

And am I right in saying that if I am a Disney Club member I get discount on my annual passes as well?

Questions questions - you'd think I'd know the answers to most of these by now ;)

Yes, Disney Club does give you discounts on buying annual passes. Check wdwig.com for details of all the prices, with and without DC discount.

Discounted rooms for annual passholders do become available from time to time, but these rates are not always available at all resorts or at at all times of year. Mousesavers is a good place to check when these rates are advertised. The best discounts tend to be offered at the quieter times of year, when Disney is forecasting lots of empty rooms. AP rates tend to be advertised about 2 or 3 months in advance. We normally make a room reservation at the standard rate about a year in advance (to make sure we have accommodation for the dates we want) then keep an eye open for discounted rates that may become available. If discounts do come out for the dates we want it is then simply a case of cancelling/amending your original reservation and making a new booking at the cheaper/better value for money rate.

Regards

Rob

Sam,

Rob has given you most of the information you need. Simply ring CRO and ask for AP rates for the resorts and dates you want. If there aren't any currently available, just keep checking back. As Rob says, if you've got your heart set on a particular resort, make the booking anyway - you can always switch to any better rate you find.

You <i>don't</i> have to have a valid AP when you book, just when you check in, although having said that, I haven't actually been asked for my pass at check-in.

As the others have said, if you book DIY you can have whichever park admission you choose. Once you are looking at eight days or more in WDW parks the cheapest option is an AP.

Ideally, this is how Rob's suggestion works:
1. Join the Disney Club
2. Recoup cost of DC membership by getting discount on purchase of APs
3. Recoup cost of APs by getting discount on room rates ;)

It worked just like that for me last year!
:Pinkbounc

I think the eight days that Hilary referred to is for the standard annual pass which gives you unlimited entry to the four Disney theme parks. If you also want unlimited entry to the water parks, Pleasure Island and Disney Quest you need to buy the Premium Annual Pass which is a little more expensive. If this is the option for you the 'breakeven' point is about 11 days I think. This means that for anyone who is going on a 14 day holiday to WDW you should consider whether an annual pass is better value for you, even if you are only going once in 12 months.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter