Annual Pass payment plan?

8caliace

United States Air Force
Hello all. We are current AP holders, and are rapidly approaching our renewal time. We would like to try to take advantage of the payment plan. My question is this...I am active-duty military, stationed in Las Vegas, but I am a claim CA as my residence. Will this be enough to qualify for the payment plan, or do I need to physically live in CA? I do not know what Disney ties to CA residency. Would it even be possible to use a family member's address?

Hello all. We are current AP holders, and are rapidly approaching our renewal time. We would like to try to take advantage of the payment plan. My question is this...I am active-duty military, stationed in Las Vegas, but I am a claim CA as my residence. Will this be enough to qualify for the payment plan, or do I need to physically live in CA? I do not know what Disney ties to CA residency. Would it even be possible to use a family member's address?

Do you still maintain a residence in CA? You need to be able to show some type of ID or even a piece of mail, such as a utility bill, that shows you are a resident of CA.

I do not physically have a CA address, but being active-duty military, my state of residence is still on record as CA. I have a military ID, and to make things even better, a TX driver's license from my time there from 2000-2004. If I was to understand correctly, the payment come from a credit/debit card anyway, correct? Its not like they send a bill each month to a home in CA?

I do not physically have a CA address, but being active-duty military, my state of residence is still on record as CA. I have a military ID, and to make things even better, a TX driver's license from my time there from 2000-2004. If I was to understand correctly, the payment come from a credit/debit card anyway, correct? Its not like they send a bill each month to a home in CA?

No. I understand your plight completely. My husband is military and we are stationed in CA, but FL is his state of residence and he has a MA license. The thing is, to get the payment plan, you are going to have to enter a California address. You said you'd use a family member's in the state, but that's really not allowed. Your name has to be associated with that address. Two years ago my friend bought a SoCal AP online while I was visiting. Her BILLING address had to be a SoCal address. Now, that was in 2010 so I'm not sure if anything has changed, but if she did not have a SoCal address that the AP was charged to, she would not have been able to order it online. I'd imagine it works similarly when you would go to enter your info online. Now, if you were going to the parks in person and had a copy of your orders, it would be worth a discussion with the CM's, but they're not going to let you renew and sign up for the payment plan online if you don't have an address in CA.

The billing address on the credit card or checking account associated to the payments has to be California too.

Yes, your billing information has be an address in CA as does some type of proof of residence. Your best bet is to call and ask what they need and take the necessary steps to get it taken care of. The military residency thing can be so confusing, my ex is military, he had a CA license and his state of residence was OR. Could be difficult at times.

Just wanted to say that I was able to renew our AP's in person, using the payment plan, after posing the question to a CM at Guest Relations. I explained the situation, and she initially said it was not possible, but then she inquired with another CM, and they processed it. I was not required to produce any documentation, other than show my military ID. I had brought a copy of my LES with me, showing CA "residence", but she did not even care to see it. They allowed me to use my father's address in California, and used my credit card, even though it has a Las Vegas address. I figured it didn't hurt to try, and wondered if they would truly turn away a family of four trying to renew. I don't know if anyone wlse would see the same results, but just wanted to share here. Thanks all.

Just wanted to say that I was able to renew our AP's in person, using the payment plan, after posing the question to a CM at Guest Relations. I explained the situation, and she initially said it was not possible, but then she inquired with another CM, and they processed it. I was not required to produce any documentation, other than show my military ID. I had brought a copy of my LES with me, showing CA "residence", but she did not even care to see it. They allowed me to use my father's address in California, and used my credit card, even though it has a Las Vegas address. I figured it didn't hurt to try, and wondered if they would truly turn away a family of four trying to renew. I don't know if anyone wlse would see the same results, but just wanted to share here. Thanks all.

If I mark my guess correctly, they allowed it because you are in the military, not because they won't "turn away a family of four trying to renew." They are pretty strict when it comes to the payment plan qualifications. Glad you got it done. Thanks for your service to our country.

- Dreams

Living in Las Vegas as well, I have often wondered why the payment plan isn't allowed for Southern Nevada. I have heard the argument that out of towners can get a week in the park for the price of a day's ticket, however I suspect that there are some in California that do the same thing.

Being four hours away from the park, I can assure you my family would use the passes regularly. Not only that, coming from out of town we will have to stay in a hotel, eat at restraunts (or in the park) boosting the economy. I live closer to the park than my friends in Sacramento...and they get a payment plan. Kind of ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!