Annual pass holder

mar2c1

Mouseketeer
Just got done making a reservation for the beginning of February under the annual pass rate. When should I buy the annual pass now for the 2021 rate or is it possible they will raise the rate for 2022. I am planning on purchasing the seasonal pass.

I just bought mine, and booked for January (same pass). Have you bought one before? I wondered if I can activate it earlier than our first park day.

I just bought mine, and booked for January (same pass). Have you bought one before? I wondered if I can activate it earlier than our first park day.

Is there a specific reason you'd want to activate if before? I'm not aware of any advantages of having it activated before your first park day.

If you activate the first day in the park is it good for a full year then or just till the end of 2022.

And no I have not bought one before this is the first time so I’m completely new to all of this. The reason I’m going to purchase it because it really gave us a much better rate at RPH

You can buy the pass now or purchase it at the hotel when you check in (or at the park gate but the line is usually MUCH longer). If you do decide to wait you are risking a price hike, last year the prices increased at the end of February. This year who knows? I would check in here daily to hear any rumors of when the price increase is coming so you can purchase before.

You can buy the pass now or purchase it at the hotel when you check in (or at the park gate but the line is usually MUCH longer). If you do decide to wait you are risking a price hike, last year the prices increased at the end of February. This year who knows? I would check in here daily to hear any rumors of when the price increase is coming so you can purchase before.

So let me get this straight if I buy the pass now it doesn’t actually start till the first time I use it and then it will be good for a year after that. The pass I am looking at is the seasonal pass
That is correct. We have waited several months before using ours for the first time. Still got our full year out of it.

I bought my Annual Pass in June 2020. Didn’t go until this September. Booked Portofino Bay at AP rate. Just showed the front desk the email confirmation that I printed out when I checked in. Then went to vacation planning window at hotel to physically pick up pass. The activation starts the first day you use it.

Mardi Gras (and weekend concerts) starts February 5th and before Covid those dates were blocked out at the Studios for Seasonal Passes.

Even if they are blocked out this year you can always upgrade if needed. Just keep it in mind when planning a first time annual pass holder trip in February.

The block out does not apply to the IOA side as they do not host the concerts.

Annual Pass:
January 1–3, 2021
March 27–April 10, 2021
December 18–31, 2021
January 1 – 3, 2022
March 12 – March 19, 2022
April 9 – April 16, 2022
December 17 – 31, 2022

Seasonal Pass:
January 1–3, 2021
March 27–April 10, 2021
July 1–31, 2021
December 18–31, 2021
January 1 – 3, 2022
March 12 – March 19, 2022
April 9 – April 16, 2022
July 1 – July 31, 2022
December 17 – 31, 2022

Seasonal Passes Are Blocked On Concert Dates

These are black out dates posted on Universal website is there more dates than I should be concerned with, right now our reservations are February 2-4 is that going to be a problem

Is there a specific reason you'd want to activate if before? I'm not aware of any advantages of having it activated before your first park day.

Because I want to get into the park with the early admission, and not stand in line to activate the pass- like you have to at Disney. so I can run over and activate it a week or two before I want to do early entry. I would enjoy a park day by myself, but not try to do everything. I’m bringing my grandkids later in the month, and we’ll only have two park days so I don’t want to have any issues, I just want to walk in with our already active tickets and express passes, but I’m new to Universal and Disney makes it a bit cumbersome.

I just found some more blackout dates for a seasonal pass but it looks like our trip from the second to 4 February is still OK

How early does universal usually post future annual passholder rates at their hotels

Because I want to get into the park with the early admission, and not stand in line to activate the pass- like you have to at Disney. so I can run over and activate it a week or two before I want to do early entry. I would enjoy a park day by myself, but not try to do everything. I’m bringing my grandkids later in the month, and we’ll only have two park days so I don’t want to have any issues, I just want to walk in with our already active tickets and express passes, but I’m new to Universal and Disney makes it a bit cumbersome.

Ah. I thought you meant doing it remotely and months ahead of time. But if you're thinking of doing it a week or two before in person for the reason you noted I believe what you are planning will work. Although perhaps an existing AP holder could better confirm/give better advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter