Annual Pass Activation

donnajz

DIS Veteran
I have a question regarding the activation of annual passes. I purchased the annual passes online and linked them to my DME account. I have no voucher or anything to show. It is my understanding they need to be activated. Once we present at a park, what do we need to do to have these activated?

I have a question regarding the activation of annual passes. I purchased the annual passes online and linked them to my DME account. I have no voucher or anything to show.
1. It is my understanding they need to be activated.
2. Once we present at a park, what do we need to do to have these activated?

1. Yes.
2. Go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations outside any Theme Park, or Water Park, or at TTC or at Disney Springs.
Bring a legal photo ID for all AP guests 18 years and older.
That's all there is to it.
If you have MagicBands for this trip, they will be used as your AP tickets.
If no MagicBands, you will be issued a plastic RFID AP card when you do the activation.
And, if you don't have MagicBands, it can speed things up if you have your AP confirmation number(s) with you at the activation.

Last edited:
If you plan on activating them at the Magic Kingdom, I would STRONGLY recommend doing so at the TTC, not the front gate. It took my wife and I 40 minutes at the gate on a busy day in early December.

If you plan on activating them at the Magic Kingdom, I would STRONGLY recommend doing so at the TTC, not the front gate. It took my wife and I 40 minutes at the gate on a busy day in early December.
Agreed with this. They are slow at MK guest services even on non busy days!

We activated ours at MK about half hour before Rope Drop. It was a wait but it wasn't terrible. It may be a bit different now with the new welcome show and gate policy. I would avoid trying to activate at Disney Springs(unless you are going there anyway and have time to spare). Crazy traffic, long long wait at GS. We bailed and just activated at MK the following morning.

I would head to DS and activate it there. We recently went to Mk and activated out there at about 7pm. Line was long and we waited probably 30 min.

At DS the traffic is all cleared up, it's a breeze to park, and they have a nice guest service area that's indoors and pretty quick

I am going to activate mine tomorrow at the TTC. So I will update how long it took

I know this has probably been asked/answered before, but do the over 18 folks need to be present for activation? Or can one person bring the applicable IDs along?

I know this has probably been asked/answered before, but
1. do the over 18 folks need to be present for activation?
2. Or can one person bring the applicable IDs along?

1. That is the specified preferred process.
2. Sometimes, if all are immediate family members that can work.
I'd not want to depend on it.

1. Yes.
2. Go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations outside any Theme Park, or Water Park, or at TTC or at Disney Springs.
Bring a legal photo ID for all AP guests 18 years and older.
That's all there is to it.
If you have MagicBands for this trip, they will be used as your AP tickets.
If no MagicBands, you will be issued a plastic RFID AP card when you do the activation.
And, if you don't have MagicBands, it can speed things up if you have your AP confirmation number(s) with you at the activation.

You still get the AP card even if you have MBs, that's what you have to use at the stores/restaurants for the AP discount (IME anyway).

We activated ours at MK about half hour before Rope Drop. It was a wait but it wasn't terrible. It may be a bit different now with the new welcome show and gate policy. I would avoid trying to activate at Disney Springs(unless you are going there anyway and have time to spare). Crazy traffic, long long wait at GS. We bailed and just activated at MK the following morning.

Where at the MK can you activate? Is it at the window over the right side? I would prefer this over riding the bus to MK and then crossing back over to TTC to activate and then coming back to MK.

Where at the MK can you activate? Is it at the window over the right side? I would prefer this over riding the bus to MK and then crossing back over to TTC to activate and then coming back to MK.
Yes exactly. Just be sure to bring an ID for all adults. It worked well for us but we like to arrive early anyway.

No need to go back to TTC if you're already at MK. You'll go through security then the guest service window is all the way over to the far right. It's inbetween security and the main entrance tapstiles

No need to go back to TTC if you're already at MK. You'll go through security then the guest service window is all the way over to the far right. It's inbetween security and the main entrance tapstiles

#9 Below.

MK-Gates_013017_zpsn2twtokw.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter