Annoyed with US Rent A Car!!

oceanscape

DIS Veteran
I'm so annoyed! I foolishly checked our dates on US Rent-A-Car and the price of our rental has DROPPED by £50!

I am really disappointed because I called them up when we made our reservation and asked if I would be okay to wait for a while -- the man I spoke to said it was "extremely unlikely" that the price we had would get any lower and that "to be safe" I should book there and then.

I know it's my fault but, still! Grrr! :mad:

Mind you it could just as easily go up :thumbsup2

Once I book things I tend not to look at the prices anymore :goodvibes

Wow - that's a pretty big drop! For those who don't know current exchange rates, that 50 GBP is around $80 USD at the moment.

I would give the rental car agency a call and have the reservation changed to the new, lower price. If they "can't" (read "won't"), then cancel your original reservation and schedule a new one at the new, lower price (this is worth it only if there is no cancellation fee).

It's worth a try. I hope you get to use that money on something fun to take home with you!

(this is worth it only if there is no cancellation fee).

Unfortunately USrentacar charge £50 cancellation fee.

Once happened to me with flights to Los Angeles, bounght miles and money seats, few week later price dropped, could have saved about £100 and gained about 36,000 miles on our accounts.

Quick tip, I always buy their £15 cancellation insurance, it can be invoked for price changes, even rental company changes and you still keep the insurance as well.

Saved £100 last year by changing at the last minute.

If you book with carhireflorida.net/Florida Homes and Travel you can cancel and rebook anytime up to 48 hours before travel with no charge.
Hazel

My DH has cancelled and rebooked our car with Alamo about 4 times since booking orginally because the price went down. I hope you manage to sort something out. :)

my virgin flights went down by about £50 each for our december trip. Virgin would not amend the price but would have been surprised if they had, we would not expect to pay more if prices went up so it is fair enough.. dont let it spoil your trip for the sake of 50 quid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter