Anniversary trip! Critique my plans please!

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
We have been to Disney over 20 times, since my kids were babies, and we know all the tips and tricks. We have been so many times that we don’t even use all the major tricks anymore, we just sort of do our own thing.

That said, I am planning our first ever adult trip for my hubby and myself for our 20th anniversary, and I find myself questioning my plans. Initially it was supposed to be myself, husband, and my SIL and BIL (celebrating their 25th). They have since had to back out due to their kid’s school commitments. So it’s just the hubby and I. My husband enjoys eating and drinking more than doing the parks. Here is a rundown of what I have planned so far.

We are booked at Yacht Club, wanted Beach but no availability with military discount. Arriving on a Saturday evening and leaving on a Thursday. We will actually stay at Shades of Green on the Saturday, then move to YC on Sunday, due to availability.

Saturday: arrive early evening, Ohana dinner (long standing tradition)
Sunday: brunch at California Grill, check in at YC, evening at Epcot for food and wine fest.
Monday: morning at AK or studios, pool time, evening at Epcot
Tuesday (actual anniversary): Morning at Epcot, pool/resort time, dinner at Flying Fish Cafe (wanting something near our resort that we haven’t tried before), evening either on Boardwalk or back to Epcot.
Wednesday: morning at MK, resort/pool break, afternoon tea at Grand Flo (something I’ve always wanted to do and just never made time for), back to MK to end the trip.
Thursday: quick breakfast at resort and a stop at the beach for a late lunch on the way home.

What do you all think??? Not enough Epcot time? Too much Epcot? Better suggestions on Anniversary dinner? Anything I may be missing for an adult only Anniversary trip?

I think it sounds great! Personally, I’d probably add in a little time at the other parks- maybe do a little snack tour or something like that? Your dining choices sound really yummy. Hubby and I are planning brunch at Cali Grill for our anniversary trip this fall too.

Wife and i are going for our ten year and our first adult only trip. I admire the fact you can spend little time in the park. We seriously thought of splurging for Poly or Boardwalk and only get a two day park hopper so we could enjoy the resort and eat and drink, but the more we talked we wanted to be in the parks all day and opted for Pop instead. One day we will eventually do the low park time trip but I don’t see that coming anytime soon.

We’re going in August for our anniversary as well, we are looking forward to experiencing Disney kid free as well. We did 5 day park hopper just in case. With full intention of enjoying the resort and not spending every moment in the parks. We may rent a boat. We just want to relax and if we decide to go to a park we can. Or get a craving for a snack we can go to whatever park.

Wife and i are going for our ten year and our first adult only trip. I admire the fact you can spend little time in the park. We seriously thought of splurging for Poly or Boardwalk and only get a two day park hopper so we could enjoy the resort and eat and drink, but the more we talked we wanted to be in the parks all day and opted for Pop instead. One day we will eventually do the low park time trip but I don’t see that coming anytime soon.

We have been over 20 times so we no longer feel the need to be in the parks every waking minute! My husband actually thinks I’ve scheduled too much park time. Only reason we are doing a 4 day hopper is because it’s the cheapest option since we can get the military salute ticket. Otherwise I may have only purchased a 3 day hopper. While I do have this general plan in place we will play everything by ear once we arrive I think. Hubby wants to do the Bourbon trail at Disney Springs, if they still offer this by our trip. He would also like to find time for a massage, so we may end up doing less park time than I’ve planned. But it is hard to not hit the parks for at least half a day each day we are there.

There can never be too much EPCOT time. We are DVC and have been going since 1994 once or twice a year. On 5 day trips we spend part of 4 1/2 days in EPCOT and on 12 day trips we spend 11 days in EPCOT.

Just MHO, YMMV,

Andy D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter