Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea

alicat8

DIS Veteran
Does anyone remember these on the Disney channel in the late 80s/early 90s? They were my favorite!

I want to buy the dvds, and they're on Amazon, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's what. I remember Green Gables, then Anne of Avonlea, and then just plain Avonlea with Sarah. It seems like some of them were actually movies and not just episodes based on what I'm seeing on Amazon. Do there happen to be any experts out there? Just want to know what to buy without overlapping.

Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Green Gables : The Sequel (which was originally called Anne of Avonlea)
Anne of Green Gables : The Continuing Story
Avonlea (kick off TV movie to show)
Avonlea show
Anne of Green Gables : The Beginning (prequel to original trilogy)

OK, so all of the Annes were movies?? I swore it was a show too. But it was forever ago. Thanks :)

OK, so all of the Annes were movies?? I swore it was a show too. But it was forever ago. Thanks :)

I'm pretty sure it was a show also but maybe more like a mini-series rather than a regular weekly episode type show.

Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Green Gables : The Sequel (which was originally called Anne of Avonlea)
Anne of Green Gables : The Continuing Story
Avonlea (kick off TV movie to show)
Avonlea show
Anne of Green Gables : The Beginning (prequel to original trilogy)

This is literally correct. Not how ChernabogHades listed 2 movies, a Made-for-TV movie that was a pilot, then a final movie which was a prequel. I think he covered it all.

The first movie is the best. Never saw the TV show.

Yes! I loved all these movies and the show. Who can forget "blackberry cordial" I used to watch them with my grandmother.

I know PBS sells the movies on the ecommerce portion of their site. I've been debating buying the set for awhile.

Yeah, but I'm almost positive at some point they changed it to just Avonlea...at least for what they called it on TV. It was Anne of avonlea, then road to avonlea, then just plain avonlea.

I grew up with Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, and the Avonlea TV series. I adored the TV movies. I recently saw Anne: The Continuing Story and it was awful! Megan Follow as Anne was the only saving grace. The final one I have no desire to see as it has Barbara Hershey as Anne and they changed her childhood around completely. It changes everything you knew about Anne's past, or so I've seen from a preview. I think Kevin Sullivan tried to draw out the Anne franchise as much as he could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter