Ann Arbor!!!

shortbun

<font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><
We did a college vist this week at U of Michigan in Ann Arbor. We really liked the University-it's clean, organized, well laid out, academics are wonderful. What we liked even better was the enchanting town of Ann Arbor. Beautiful architecture, extroidinary dining, shopping boutiques-art galleries and very friendly and happy people. Houses painted cheerfully with art in the yards, pretty little gardens all over the place. Great place to go for a romantic weekend, a girls weekend or a family vacation. Museums are focused on fun and learning; there are lots of parks and bike paths all over the place. We just had a great time!! We really liked Zingerman's Deli and Bakery-fun place with great people; they have really good service.

Too bad you missed the Ann Arbor Art Fairs by a week. It is a wonderful urban area with unique shops and restaurants. Happy college hunting!! My daughter always wanted to go there but decided to go to a smaller private university instead.

We love A2! My wife and I went to U of M (as did youngest daughter). We live close and go there frequently - so many things to do and places to eat!

Glad you liked it! I hope your child chooses to go there, it's a great place to go to school. Great academics, great sports, great atmoshpere. I'm a second generation UofM grad myself (as is DH). We always appreciate new converts to our rabid alumni fan base!

I was born in Ann Arbor and lived there again when I was an adult.

It is an incredible city that has a lot of great restaurants, shops, clubs and cool galleries and venues.

I loved living there and would probably have never moved but we hated the winters in MI and the state itself is not in good financial shape.

But for college it is an amazing city.

I'm also "shopping" for colleges for DD, and Ann-Arbor consistently comes up on this list:

http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...ced-public-colleges-for-out-of-state-students

I don't understand why it is making the list of "most overpriced" on so many websites.

Looking for colleges is frustrating and exhausting.

39K for out of state tuition is pretty pricey!! I've taken it off my short list for that reason although my son is pressing to keep it on there. All of a sudden, he's interested in looking for scholarships, lol!

Love Ann Arbor the town.

But that being said......................................................

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Spartans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. ;))

You couldn't smell something off there? :rotfl2: The smell of arrogance?;)

J/K. MSU fan and I couldn't resist. It is a neat little town to visit. I can't say I would take a family trip there, but as a couple...very nice. It's very clean and beautiful there. I wouldn't hesitate sending my kids there for school, but DH is hoping for them to be Spartans like he is. I say whatever!:confused3

Love Ann Arbor the town.

Go Spartans! Sorry, I may not like the Wolverines, but can't support Ohio State.

Love Ann Arbor the town.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:banana::lovestruc

Don't hate - we will still root for Sparty.

OP - *ichigan is a great school, if you can't get into tOSU :thumbsup2

No hater here! I just don't put that much thought into football, except MSU.

You're funny!

Yeah, well, my DH and I both attended The Ohio State University BUT DS has always been a Michigan fan. When the tour leader asked where everyone was from, the three of us avoided answering, lol!!! We root for the Big Ten in general but we lean toward Pro sports as fans anyway. We noticed the artsy people in A2 and wondered if we'd fit in if we decided to move there to qualify for instate fees. Unemployment there is under 6%, just 46 miles from Detroit. Impressive. The Ann Arborians have a lot to be proud of.

Don't hate - we will still root for Sparty.

OP - *ichigan is a great school, if you can't get into tOSU :thumbsup2

Not to quibble....but shouldn't the "t" in TOSU be capitalized...after all, we are The Ohio State University. :cool1:

I went to this year's Ann Arbor Street Art Fair. Thankfully I went on Saturday when it wasn't so hot outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter