• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animation Magic

mom2brooke76

Proud Redhead who doesn't think that Universal is
Does the Animation Magic show take place on the three night Fantasy cruises? Thanks!

No. Crush is the standard AP show on the Dream Class ships.

Animation Magic (the drawing one with the more set menu) is only on 7 night and longer cruises.

No. Crush is the standard AP show on the Dream Class ships.

Animation Magic (the drawing one with the more set menu) is only on 7 night and longer cruises.

Thanks! I’ve been on the Dream multiple times and didn’t realize Crush was on the Fantasy too. We’re doing the 3 night Fantasy for our grand slam, but was hoping that the different show took place instead of Crush. Oh well; maybe next time :flower:

Thanks! I’ve been on the Dream multiple times and didn’t realize Crush was on the Fantasy too. We’re doing the 3 night Fantasy for our grand slam, but was hoping that the different show took place instead of Crush. Oh well; maybe next time :flower:

Yeah, with Crush being the "signature AP show" for the Dream class, that takes priority. IMHO the animation thing is overrated - you're forced into a set serving schedule to watch mediocre at best drawings be on screen for a second at most. If I'm on the Fantasy again ever, I plan to try and book a second Palo dinner for whatever night that would be - it'll be much more enjoyable.

We were on the Wonder for a 5-nighter to Mexico recently and AP only showed the normal room color change images...no Crush. They confirmed that they only do the second night placemat character drawing if the cruise is 7 nights or longer. DCL wants to make sure all guests get both dinner shows. FYI we had Pirates Night the second (consecutive) night at AP and it was very cool. Cruise on...

We were on the Wonder for a 5-nighter to Mexico recently and AP only showed the normal room color change images...no Crush. They confirmed that they only do the second night placemat character drawing if the cruise is 7 nights or longer. DCL wants to make sure all guests get both dinner shows. FYI we had Pirates Night the second (consecutive) night at AP and it was very cool. Cruise on...

The Classics (Wonder and Magic) have the Color Change (I forget the name...) Show as their signature. Crush is exclusive (at this point) to the Dream Class (Dream and Fantasy)

Crush is only on the Dream and Fantasy. The Wonder and Magic have a different show

I don't think that Wonder/Magic has crush (at least Magic didn't when we were on it a few years ago.) (Triple simultaneous posting!!) :)

Boo! We’re on the 3 day Fantasy as well and we’re hoping for the animation magic. We’ve seen crush on the Dream so were hoping to catch a chance at animation magic.

I agree that Pirate Night in AP is great.

Yeah, with Crush being the "signature AP show" for the Dream class, that takes priority. IMHO the animation thing is overrated - you're forced into a set serving schedule to watch mediocre at best drawings be on screen for a second at most. If I'm on the Fantasy again ever, I plan to try and book a second Palo dinner for whatever night that would be - it'll be much more enjoyable.
I agree. We book Palo the night of this show. It used to be even worse when they forced a preselection of appetizers rather than being able to select your own — not sure who thought it was a good idea to plastic wrap appetizers, including seafood, on one plate and expect them to retain individual flavors.

I guess part of it is if you have kids or not. I agree that the animation show is a little overrated for what you see; however, my kids loved it whenever they saw one of our families pictures on the screen. Plus, by coincidence Crush talked to us at our table, so our kids loved that too. If we had just watched Crush talking to a few other tables, it would not have been as entertaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter