Animal kingdom villas in Kidana Village

leighnsean

Earning My Ears
We just returned from 14 nights in a 1 bedroom savanna view and I dont have a bad word to say. The room was spotless which I can't say about SSR. This is now our favorite resort.

We stayed in a 1 BDRM Kidani Standard this year as well and stayed last year in a value studio Jambo. I have to agree with you as far as cleanliness! It was spotless. We had the opportunity to be upgraded for free and stay there years ago when it was first built and we opted for WL because we didn't think we would like it. Now we kick ourselves because we LOVED AKL!

leighnsean said:
We just returned from 14 nights in a 1 bedroom savanna view and I dont have a bad word to say. The room was spotless which I can't say about SSR. This is now our favorite resort.

We will be staying there in Oct - do you have any pics? We own at SSR and haven't had any cleanliness issues, did you experience some?

Thanks!

Kidani is a beautiful resort. My hope is they stay on top of things as more and more people discover what a gem this place is!

The only pictures I have are of the animals outside our room. I miss sitting there watching them. Yes I always found SSR dirty. Under the beds and couches I would find things left over from previous guests. I can't wait to return to Kidani.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. We love, love, love Kidani. I didn't mind SSR but my husband felt it was old/dirty. I think maybe the carpets were dirty and something else. Lately I have hesitated to recommend it to friends because some people seem so upset with it. Enjoy your future trips!

Thanks for the info. This will be our first time there. It will be me, my wife, our 3 kids (7,5,5) son and twin girls and our friends with their 2 kids (13,7) in a 2 br savannah view.
We are heading there in Oct and can't wait!
Any experience with the kids club? Best places to eat with kids? Anything not to miss? Thanks very much!!

We love this resort, so glad we bought in when we did. The Kidani stays have be some of our best Disney Vacations.

We own at AKV but haven't stayed there since 2006 (pre-DVC for us). We will be in a 2-BR savannah view at Kidani in October with my family and my sister's family. I am beside myself with excitement! This will be my sister and her family's first visit to WDW, which makes it all the more special. I can't wait!

I wasn't much of a fan of Jambo, but my 1st stay in a Kidani 2br made us huge fans!

Love the underground parking, Love Sanaa, and in 3 standard view stays, we had great views of the Pembeh Savanna and many of the animals!

Fabulous Resort!

Glad you enjoyed the resort!

I am considering renting points through David's Vacation Club rentals at AKV. It looks like the larger rooms are at Kidani Village. My concern is, how uncomfortable are the sleeper sofa beds? After those long days at the parks, we all want a good night's sleep! A sofa bed sounds terrible. Would we be better off staying at a resort with 2 real beds?

Also, how far is the walk from Kidani to the main building, like to get on the buses, go to the pool, etc.

What did you think of the pool?

Kidani has it's own pool and bus service. We actually prefer Kidani's pool, especially within young children. Just returned tonight from a wonderful stay there.

We are going to be staying there next August. Cant wait! Anyone used the child care there before?

dstupper said:
We are going to be staying there next August. Cant wait! Anyone used the child care there before?

We have used both Simba clubhouse and Beach club house and our son liked them both in fact he gets upset when it is time to leave. He was 4 at Simba and 5 Beach club at the time and when i asked which one he liked best he said Beach club because it had video games. Either way we have never had an issue they feed them dinner and at 9pm milk and cookies. It is nice to have alone time.

WDW_Diane said:
I am considering renting points through David's Vacation Club rentals at AKV. It looks like the larger rooms are at Kidani Village. My concern is, how uncomfortable are the sleeper sofa beds? After those long days at the parks, we all want a good night's sleep! A sofa bed sounds terrible. Would we be better off staying at a resort with 2 real beds?

XAlso, how far is the walk from Kidani to the main building, like to get on the buses, go to the pool, etc.

What did you think of the pool?

We are Dvc members and Kidani is our home resort there are 5 of us and the sofa sleeper is really not bad at all the chair also turns into a small bed for one. Our 16 yr old sleeps comfortable on it. No matter where you stay there will be a walk we usually take our own car. Last November when we went our room was on the 2nd floor by the lobby our balcony faced the front but it was not noisy at all. The highlight of our trip was to get to our room we would go thru the lobby one night we got in about 11pm and the next morning we left about 9am and to our surprise and the "magic" that is Disney they had in a few hours put the christmas tree and all the christmas decorations up. My children were in awe and kind of speechless! It was MAGICAL

Thank you sooo much Madmommy17! We want to take advantage of the time alone as well. With so many different night time events for Mommy and Daddy, its tempting to, "Take advantage" of the child care when you can.

AKV is our home resort. We love Kidani studio & 1 bedroom savanna view. We have stayed in both for an extended period of time.

It has been our favorite place to stay.

Love the underground parking, the pool is awesome. Jambo house is just a short walk or drive.

Staff is friendly & helpful.

Love the smell when you walk up to Kidani at check-in. Grilled heaven!

Animals are great & entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Headed there in about 6 week - can't wait! Love my savannah view balcony. Home - home - home...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!