Animal Kingdom Lodge - Snacks and Beer for room

A State Of Autumn

Mouseketeer
I'm staying at AKL in May and I was thinking it would be good to do a grocery order for in room snacks and some beer for when we're in the room in the evenings.

For the snacks I was thinking some cheese platters and cut vegetables would be great.

Is there anywhere where I can order this from that will deliver to the resort?

We'll be eating all other meals out of the room so it won't be a large order.

I'm staying at AKL in May and I was thinking it would be good to do a grocery order for in room snacks and some beer for when we're in the room in the evenings.

For the snacks I was thinking some cheese platters and cut vegetables would be great.

You can get anything you want, but it doesn't come cheap.
For a small order it may not be worth ordering from third party.
Room service is always available..

MG

Thanks - I'm not really too concerned about the cost it's more the convenience of having it there.

Sorry I'm from Australia so where would I order 'anything I want' from?

Gardengrocer.com has a list, but you can add to it.

WeGoShop.com has you make your own list.

The gift shop in Jambo House has a lot of food items because there are dvc (timeshare) rooms with kitchens in the building as well as regular hotel rooms. I can't remember if they sell beer. Also the Mara counter service restaurant has a big refrigerator grab and go section for snacks.

Other options include taking an Uber or cab to a grocery store (not what you had in mind) or taking a towncar from airport to hotel and making a grocery stop.

Gardengrocer.com has a list, but you can add to it.

WeGoShop.com has you make your own list.

The gift shop in Jambo House has a lot of food items because there are dvc (timeshare) rooms with kitchens in the building as well as regular hotel rooms. I can't remember if they sell beer. Also the Mara counter service restaurant has a big refrigerator grab and go section for snacks.

Thank you! That's very helpful.

I've looked at some photos of what the gift shop has and they seem to stock beer etc.

We used Dizzy Dolphin for our last AKL stay. Chris does a great job of not just grocery shopping but getting you anything you might desire too.
My hubby had her make up a birthday basket for me with wine, Epcot wine glasses, antennae toppers, chocolate and lots of other assorted goodies. She also brought us a dozen donuts from Donut King. I should have ordered at least 2 dozen they were fantastic! She goes out of her way to make things perfect for you!
We have used other services in the past but we think Kizzy Dolphin in the best.
http://www.dizzydolphindelivery.com/

Your description of "cheese platters & cut vegetables" initially confused me.
I would NOT. Recommend wegoshop.com. TERRIBLE customer service
I have used Garden Grocer.com successfully 4 times. Www.gardengrocer.com
I use their web site to order: juice, coffee, water, sofa, fruit, breakfast pastries, beer, wine, " cheese & crackers" - rather than a platter, chips & salsa & other snacks.

This from a DVC document about Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Additional items including beer, wine and spirits are available at Zawadi Marketplace in the lobby of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Johari Treasures at Kidani Village.

So it seems that you can get beer in the gift shop at Jambo House and Kidani Village.

If you google pictures of The Mara Grab & Go, it looks like there are some healthy snacks there in the refrigerated section.

If your order would only consist of beer and healthy snacks, you might want to think about getting it in the hotel.

From the garden grocer website:
Is there a minimum order amount?
Yes, $40 on food/drink items.

Is there a delivery charge?
Yes, but it's only $14.00! For orders over $200 the delivery fee is only $2!
Same day is $30.00 and next day delivery fee is $20.00

Take advantage of our special savings by ordering in advance, (15 Days= 5%, 30 Days= 7%, 60 Days= 10%) off your subtotal. **Note: Discounts do not apply to add-ons of any kind. These discounts are based on Eastern Standard Time.

Last edited:
It should also be noted that the refrigerators in room are not very big, so keep that in mind when ordering things that need to remain cold.

Room service is GREAT and not too expensive. As for beer or wine AKL has amazing wines for sale in gift shop and you can order beer or take cab to the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter