• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Animal Kingdom Lodge inform me, I know nothing about it

cyb

Mouseketeer
I'm staying here for the first time in May, how is bus service? How long does it take to get to AK? Room requests, what should I ask for? Do all AKL standard rooms face parking lots? Anyone have pictures? I booked Boma for breakfast, how is it?

I'm staying here for the first time in May, how is bus service? How long does it take to get to AK? Room requests, what should I ask for? Do all AKL standard rooms face parking lots? Anyone have pictures? I booked Boma for breakfast, how is it?

I can't answer all your questions but I can answer some of them. We normally drive since DH hauls a scooter in the back of our truck, so no bus info for you. When we drive it only takes a few minutes to get to AKL so I assume buses would be the same.

Here is a link where you can look up room locations by what kind of room you have reserved. This is for Jambo House, if you are renting points or doing DVC there is a link for Kidani although there are a few DVC rooms in Jambo. https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge#

Not all standard rooms face the parking lots and many people report upgrades to savannah views. There are pictures of the views from the rooms in the above link.

Now Boma.......oh yes! Nothing but sweet, delicious memories of this place. We have done many breakfasts here and dinners! Always great! Ask for the Jungle Juice, Frunch, or whatever they are calling it this month. It is delicious! Remember that although it is a buffet, it is laid out in pods so you can enter at any point and not stand in line at an end. There will be lots of fruits, omelets and eggs cooked to your order, a whole pods of meats with all kinds of mustards and yummy sauces, pancakes and waffles (if I recall correctly) and pods of pastries and rolls! Your server brings you coffees, teas and juices and clears your plates.
http://allears.net/dining/menu/boma/breakfast

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy AKL. It is a resort where you can not go to a park and stay extremely busy all day. Our granddaughters enjoyed the daily activities and earning beads for completing what I called classes. There are also great things for adults like wine tastings and cultural classes.

The pools are magnificent so make sure you set aside time to use them. The animal viewing but day and night are great also!

Reactions: cyb
I've found the bus service very good. AK park is a 5 min bus ride. Boma for breakfast or dinner is a fav of ours. Best if you enjoy trying different flavours. For people who just eat strips and fries or meat and potatoes (although you can get that as well) they're better off eatting elsewhere.
I love all the food options at AKL. Their counter service Mara has some great dinner specials. Not sure what it's like now as manager changed. Boma & Jiko are great, and Saana in Kidani is also good. Just a short walk. We enjoy going over and exploring Kidani while staying at AKL. They have a nice savanna viewing area and children's splash pad is so cute, almost makes me wish my daughters were children again :rotfl:

I've never stayed in a standard room, but if you do, I'd avoid the wing by bus stop. If you can, book a pool view. We've stayed in pool view on Zebra Trail and savanna rooms, enjoyed all. Take a look at the resort map.

The bus ride to animal kingdom is very short, but the bus ride to MK is pretty lengthy about 20-25 mins. Standard view is indeed just of the Parking lot. Boma is absolutely delicious. Sanaa over at kidani village is also very tasty I loved my food there. I just got back from a 7 night stay at AKL.

The bus ride to animal kingdom is very short, but the bus ride to MK is pretty lengthy about 20-25 mins. Standard view is indeed just of the Parking lot. Boma is absolutely delicious. Sanaa over at kidani village is also very tasty I loved my food there. I just got back from a 7 night stay at AKL.
They do have a number of standard rooms that have Savannah views -- they're rooms that were considered to have "lesser" views, so they were removed from Savannah view category. But, some of the standard room views are surprisingly good.

oh yes I knew that now we were in a dvc studio and it was the more backside of the Savannah with lesser animals and a road and it was considered standard however we were still able to see many animals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter